Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2007, 11:25 PM

Default 24k hand sample - need advice

Hi, I am a frequent lurker to these boards and 2+2 in general. I don't post a lot because at the time I didn't think I could contribute adequately because of my lack of experience. Below are my stats for 25NL on Pokerstars.

25NL / 24k hands

25NL / 8k sample from June 1st 2007 to present after I changed some areas of my game

Things I am doing differently in the past 2 months:
-Playing less from the blinds (I love BvB though)
-3 betting more preflop
-being overall more aggro postflop and escaping from semi weak-tight play
-table selection / knowing when to leave a game

Right now I am working on playing more aggressively and putting people on hand ranges better. In general I think I play too many hands but I find poker too boring sometimes and I can't multi-table yet because I am trying to train myself to remember every little detail like what people are limping/raising with etc and I can't do that when I have 2 games running.

My bankroll is at $610 at the moment, I would say 65% of that is from 25NL and the rest is from 6max $6 SnG's. I have played 50k hands total in various limits. Hopefully I have provided enough information for some analysis from better players. Thanks in advance guys.

<3 SQ
Old 07-24-2007, 11:36 PM

Default Re: 24k hand sample - need advice

Too passive post-flop. How is your turn and river AF higher than flop? My guess is you don't c-bet enough. This isn't enough info though, the other stat page [more detail] is better.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:43 PM

position stats are even better. I agree with vixticator that you're to passive postflop.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Too passive post-flop. How is your turn and river AF higher than flop? My guess is you don't c-bet enough. This isn't enough info though, the other stat page [more detail] is better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, notice that she(?) is running a vpip of almost 29 ... you can't keep a AF factor of 6+ when running that loose

Two things.

The gap between your vpip and pfr is slightly too wide to my taste ... which can be seen in your attempt to steal blinds too ... I mean I run 24/20 and my attempt to steal blinds is above 40. In other words, you are too passive preflop ... I dunno if you limp or open limp too much (you should never open limp) or what it is, but this is a place to look for improvement.

WTSD is a bit high to my taste, seing showdowns in 29% of your hands seems slightly high ... and thus your won at showdown seems to suffer, tho if you lose a lot of small pots and win big, that is not an issue.
But perhaps you should be raising more and taking pots down before you reach SD .. or give up on more marginal spots ?? (Dunno which way you err)

But that was it ... GL [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-24-2007, 11:53 PM

24k hands

8k hands over last 2 months

I cont bet flops at least 60% of the time. Probably closer to 70%.
I NEVER limp the SB or open limp.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:54 PM

stop limping the SB all the time
Old 07-24-2007, 11:55 PM

yeah, there you have it ... you are killing yourself by cold calling too much on the button, which fits fine in what I said above.

Just stop doing it, get that coldcalling frequency dont a few points ... you button should be where you are making your money, and the coldcalling is why you aren't making any [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-25-2007, 12:00 AM

On a different note: I pwn! ... damn I'm good, if I have to say so myself [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-25-2007, 12:02 AM

Honestly, I don't cold call that much and it isn't button specific. I think people realize I am a little too weak/tight and think my button raises are junk (I raise from button a lot) so I get RR'd a lot and pushed off pots. I am trying to cont bet a little bit less (depends on the board) and bet the turn/river.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, I don't cold call that much and it isn't button specific. I think people realize I am a little too weak/tight and think my button raises are junk (I raise from button a lot) so I get RR'd a lot and pushed off pots. I am trying to cont bet a little bit less (depends on the board) and bet the turn/river.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I am sure that you think, you don't coldcall much, your stats do tell a different story.

You have a coldcalling frequency of almost 6 on the button, that is huge, many of us hover around 2.

I you don't want to raise, then try folding ... honestly, I am not out to belittle you or invent errors, but imho that is your biggest leak (at least of the sort that stats can reveal, postflop is a different matter) [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]