Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2007, 09:19 PM

Default $200PLO board texture, stack sizes, [censored] omaha

Within the first 20-30 hands with villain.
Poker Stars
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $117
UTG+1: $412
CO: $243.45
Hero: $209.30
SB: $502.20
BB: $250.10

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
2 folds, CO calls, Hero raises to $9, SB calls, BB calls, CO folds.

Flop: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($29, 3 players)
SB bets $27.55, BB folds,
Hero ???

I actually think the stack sizes and board texture make this hand fairly interesting. What is our play on the flop, and why? What is our plan for the turn based on turn card? And, I [censored] hate hand converters
Old 07-24-2007, 09:45 PM

Default Re: $200PLO board texture, stack sizes, [censored] omaha

Raise. He likely puts you on AA, he's clearly happy about his hand, and YOU have the Ad, so NFD isn't a holding. I guess this is a lower set, or a big draw(QdTdxx), so let him stack off lightly w/ 99xx or charge his draw.

Our plan for turn depends not only on the card but on his action, assuming he doesn't push over top of our flopraise.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:51 PM

8765 or some other middle wrap seems the most likely villian hand. I call then pot any non diamond 4,3,2,q,k,a turn card. Additionally by not repotting flop you can push the villian off many lower flushes on the turn. If you repot the flop you are getting 2.6 to 1 to call a turn all-in bet which is not enough to call.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:26 PM

No point getting fancy, just raise. This is exactly the situation you want when you raise AQJJ preflop. 2.6:1 on the turn is only not enough to call when your opponent will NEVER lead on a bluff when a scare card hits. Raising will get your opponent to stack off with a lot of hands (2 pr, sets, one pair + gutter, etc) that you are in like 4:1 territory against, which doesn't come up all that often in PLO.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:35 PM

You can make it $110 to go, leaving you with $90 in a $240 pot, which means you'll have pot odds on the turn no matter what hits and no matter what he has. Just push.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You can make it $110 to go, leaving you with $90 in a $240 pot, which means you'll have pot odds on the turn no matter what hits and no matter what he has. Just push.

[/ QUOTE ]

ding ding ding, that's why these hands end up playing themselves a lot. If it is a set he'll probably get the money in on the flop. If it is a big draw he'll have odds to call the whole way to the river (or shove the flop which would be better for you so he can't get away from a board pair).

Chucky's answer is probably worst I can think of apart from folding.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:55 AM

Thank you for the replies. This is somewhere I normally push but decided not to this time. This looks like it is the worst possible board texture for a set though.

If stack sizes are 200BB, does this change our action? 300BB?
Old 07-25-2007, 06:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for the replies. This is somewhere I normally push but decided not to this time. This looks like it is the worst possible board texture for a set though.

[/ QUOTE ]

With no current flush or straight out there, we've got the current nuts. Albeit, the board texture is extremely possible so he may be drawing huge and be a slight favourite. However, remember all the times he's pushing two-pair or a lower set, where we have him pretty much dominated.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

with deeper stacks i think this is a call - he will put you on AAXX diamond draw so you should be able to shove a smaller flush w/wrap off his hand if a diamond drops. i would call flop and raise and non straight turn with a decent stack here
Old 07-25-2007, 06:52 AM

With actual stack sizes I don't see how this hand doesn't play itself, just raise. Why do you want to call? to try use the naked ace bluff on the turn if a diamond hits?