Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2007, 09:17 PM

Default set with two potential all-in callers

This hand is from a 5NL game on PS .

CO is a solid player who I figured had a very good hand the Villain was unknown, but I suspected he had a flush draw.

In the following situation, is it better to call the flop raise and see how the turn card falls or get your chips in ASAP ? I'm wondering because if Villain is chasing a flush he has correct odds if we all go all-in. if the turn isn't a flush card then it would be incorrect for him to chase (as if that ever matters at 5NL) ?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.02/$0.05 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

Hero (SB): $9.95
BB: $9.50
Villain (UTG): $11.47
CO: $11.92
BTN: $8.76

Preflop: Hero is dealt 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
Villain calls $0.05, <font color="red">CO raises to $0.20</font>, BTN folds, Hero calls $0.18, BB folds, Villain calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.65) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $0.60</font>, Villain calls $0.60, <font color="red">CO raises to $2.90</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $9.75</font>, Villain calls $9.15, <font color="red">CO raises all-in to $11.72</font>, Villain calls all-in for $1.52
Uncalled bet of $0.45 returned to CO

Turn: ($32.94) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players - 3 All-In)

River: ($32.94) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players - 3 All-In)

Pot Size: $32.94 ($1.60 Rake)
Old 07-24-2007, 09:21 PM

Default Re: set with two potential all-in callers

lol, is he the villain because he beat you? Anyhow, the hand is fine. You have middle set, you got all in and you shouldn't 2nd guess yourself.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:33 PM

lol - true about the villain part.

It's not that I'm second guessing myself - I know I want to get it all in at some point - it's just that I'm concerned that I turned his chase into a correct call.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:03 PM

dont ever fold a set, esp on this board, if they overset you jsut chalk it up to a cooler
Old 07-24-2007, 11:11 PM

Your raise wasn't "wrong" until you knew his exact cards and what CO would do next. Your raise is against his range and against CO's range as well -- and you don't want anything drawing for cheap. The only way you could have played it "better" is to know what card was coming on the turn and river, and what your opponent's held.

With a good guess as to their ranges, you did great.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:20 PM

Also, just because your opponents move is +EV wise, doesn't mean yours isn't more so. Once there's dead money, and a chance for other dead money, means that you can only make it less +EV than another line.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:39 PM

lol yea you cant even consider folding there get it in and dont think twice. If he has QQ oh well you cant worry about that.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:49 PM

you played good, truthfully the villian didn't have the greatest off odds, he called 60 cents into a 1.85 pot and then in the same round put 10.67, he wasn't folding til the river and neither were you, the co wasn't going to let you (im assuming he had either aa,kk,qq, or aq) either way everybody was getting it all-in, the only other thing you could have done was try to cr the co's c-bet, hoping the villian didn't bet, but the way he played the hand it more than likely wouldn't have mattered. you played the best you could, you should note his screen name and get into all the games he's in. lol