Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2007, 06:58 PM

Default I see how to datamine Ongame - anyone up for coding this?

Alright, I know very little about coding, but I got excited when I discovered the following, b/c it implies that it's theoretically *possible* to build a miner for Ongame (Hollywood, Pokerroom, etc) without screenscraping or anything, although just how to do it, I wouldn't have the faintest idea. Hope someone here is up to it. I'll pay (as would others i'm sure).

I used to think that there was no way to get observed-hand HHs on Ongame, but that's not actually true. You can open up any table, and clicke the "Prev hand #xxx" in the upper-right corner, and that will spawn a web browser that looks like the following:

As u can see, all of the action is shown there (and it even shows mucked hands!). And you can just click "Prevoius" to get the table's previous HH, or Next to move forward. So I really don't know what this means for actually *coding* a miner, but even if HH data isn't stored in the program's memory (which I understand is how some miners work), isn't there some sort of crawler that could be coded to just continuously hit "Previous" within the web browser, and cut and paste the relevant text into a .txt file, which could then be imported into PT? No, this isn't the most elegant solution, but it could be run while you slept and you'd wake up with a few thousands HHs that there's currently no other way to grab.

Good luck, gumshoes.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:12 PM

Default Re: I see how to datamine Ongame - anyone up for coding this?

There used to be a grabber for Ongame that worked off of the web HH's. I'm not 100% sure but I think it got banned. There were threads about it in the PT forum.

Edit: http://www.pokertracker.com/forum/vi...?p=80203#80203
Old 07-24-2007, 07:24 PM

Yes, i know that the grabber got taken down by its developer (and even those who had it say it no longer works). Hope someone will code this anyway.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:33 PM

Should definitely be possible. If no-one have jumped on it later this week I might have a go, I've never coded an html scraper so it should be a fun experiment. No promises though, I don't play Ongame anymore and have a few other projects taking up my time [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 07-25-2007, 03:17 AM

bump [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-25-2007, 08:41 AM

Okay, here.
Only works for PokerRoom right now.

The tables seem to get closed down rather quickly when inactive though, that could be a big problem...
Old 07-25-2007, 01:47 PM

Cool, will test this out.
a) do u have to be logged in to use this?
b) if so, how easy is it to tweak the code so that it will work on Hollywood? (that's the skin i use)
Old 07-25-2007, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
do u have to be logged in to use this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure, but I think Ongame won't let you open any tables unless you're logged in. I might be wrong though.

[ QUOTE ]
if so, how easy is it to tweak the code so that it will work on Hollywood?

[/ QUOTE ]

Should be easy.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:59 PM

Yep, u have to be logged in, but i just created a play money PR acct and they let u view real-money tables, so i'm up and mining right now...so (and i know nothing about coding or anything), it doesn't appear that ur making any use of the web browser (like i referred to in my OP), right?

Well, so far so good -- what do u mean when u say that tables shut down when they're 'inactive'...do u mean when I'm not physically sitting at it? Or when there's no players at it at all? (i'm also curious why the tables have to be open in MINIview for it to work)
Old 07-25-2007, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it doesn't appear that ur making any use of the web browser (like i referred to in my OP), right?

[/ QUOTE ]

AHK has a command called URLDownloadToFile, which downloads the content of a webpage to a file. That's a lot less messy than having to open up a browser for each table and clicking our way through the hands... Downside is that we need to know the hand # and the only way to get it is to use image matching, but actually it isn't too hard and seems to work quite well.

[ QUOTE ]
what do u mean when u say that tables shut down when they're 'inactive'...do u mean when I'm not physically sitting at it? Or when there's no players at it at all?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure. I noticed that after leaving the room for haf an hour, most of the tables had closed....