Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2007, 03:39 AM

Default 200nl 99 -- ze turn minraise ugh

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $200.00
Hero (BB): $595.10
UTG: $206.25
CO: $184.95
BTN: $595.60

Preflop: Hero is dealt 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG calls $2.00, CO calls $2.00, BTN calls $2.00, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $12.00</font>, UTG calls $10.00, CO folds, BTN calls $10.00

Flop: ($39) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero checks, UTG checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($39) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $25.00</font>, UTG folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $50.00</font>, Hero ???

Villain is 32/0/.5 over 75 hands, and I have a very aggro image since I've been 2 barelling a lot (but who knows if anybody's noticed...people were starting to call me down a bit light). This doesn't smell strong esp given the flop action, but he's not aggro at all. However, given my image and that this is a decent bluff card for me and it seems pretty obvious that he could know that I think this is a must call, right?
Old 07-24-2007, 03:49 AM

Default Re: 200nl 99 -- ze turn minraise ugh

he is passive and calls a lot pre flop.
to mini raise u there he has a large range
any 8 or 3 or small pokcet pair
i would call and see how does he react on river
Old 07-24-2007, 03:52 AM

Seems like a scared raise to me, call turn and fold to large bet on river,
Old 07-24-2007, 04:58 AM

I doubt villain raises here with an 8 or a 3...
His range is polarized between air or a strong hand as he will call down most hands with a showdown value. Seeing his very passive I think air or flush draws only represent a small part of his range. Villain prolly has a K with a weak kicker (or maybe a slowplayed FH). When villain with an AF of 0,5 raises the turn it usually means he has a strong hand.
Having said that 75 hands is a small sample and villain has to know that hero never has a strong hand here so he could also be making a scared move. Getting 5-to-1 and adding the flush draw possibility I don't think we can fold here but I expect hero to be behind a vast majority of the time.
I call and fold to any meaningful bet on the river.
Old 07-24-2007, 05:23 AM

he has position and checks the flop. so he is probably not on AK who would protect his hand in this situation. trips 8 is a consideration but i think he tries to bluff you off the hand.

why not reraise the turn to get him off TT,JJ,QQ or a flushdraw? ( which he probably would have bet on the flop also ). --&gt; or are you to deepstack to reraise and is calling a better option, with a fold to a diamond and a c/c on a blank on the river?
Old 07-24-2007, 06:28 AM

I don't think this villain raises here with TT or JJ, and I doubt we can get him to fold QQ here.
Reraising here is pretty bad because our line is so FOS and villain probably has a monster.
We only call because of the pot odds and because passive villain will most likely check-behind on the river with air or a busted draw.
I don't think a fold on the turn would be really bad though.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I doubt villain raises here with an 8 or a 3...

[/ QUOTE ]

he was on BOTTON. and limps. i think that puts him on that range i said before
we dont need to consider big pocket pairs
Old 07-24-2007, 08:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Villain is 32/ 0 /.5 over 75 hands

[/ QUOTE ]

Although not likely, Villain could very well limp behind with AA here.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Villain is 32/ 0 /.5 over 75 hands

[/ QUOTE ]

Although not likely, Villain could very well limp behind with AA here.

[/ QUOTE ]

So he checks when he is ahead and min-raises when he is behind? I am not giving this play a very high probability.

Checking the flop when last to act and min-raising the turn when the board pairs means he is looking for action. I think the biggest part of his range here is made up of a K with a weak kicker or a slow played full house (set of 3 or 8).

I see no value in calling here. I doubt he raises with any type of hand that you can beat other than air and to be honest, given his stats, he is more likely to have quads than bluff here.

I like to check/call this turn OOP rather than bet out as you induce bluffs or bets from second pairs that you can beat. I realize that there is a diamond draw on the board, but I prefer to take the chance of giving them a free card (if noone bets) rather than getting into a situation like this were I am not sure if I am being bluffed off my hand due to my image.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:17 AM

He has quads, fold