Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2007, 06:30 PM

Default odd event at table.

two days ago I was playing .05/.10 NL and got AA in the UTG+1 position. I meant to bet $0.40 but missed the decimal point and bet $4. My thought at this popint was crap way to kill all the action. It gets around to the button who types "WTF" in the chatbox. I type, "I meant to bet $0.40" figuring the action was dead and there was no way he was calling. He types "oh" and then raises it to $7.90 and I go all-in. He shows AKo, loses the pot and types "I have absolutely no respect for people like you"

Initially I felt bad because it looks so much like I was angle shooting that even people who are reading this are going to think that is what I was doing.

The more I think about it though, the more I think his actions were actually classless. He knew I made a mistake on the bet and thought he could take advantage of it to win $4 with a minraise even though I raised from UTG+1.

I didn't say anything to him except "sorry you feel that way. I really didn't mean it as an angle shoot" and certainly wouldn't type "You're the one who deserves no respect you classless @#%$!" but I kinda feel that way.

Any thoughts on the situation?
Old 07-23-2007, 06:39 PM

Default Re: odd event at table.

Should be a lesson learned for this guy. Right place at the right time for you.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:56 PM

Misclicks happen all the time, and people have even started doing fake misclicks to get the same kind of action you just got here. It happens, don't worry about it.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I didn't say anything to him except "sorry you feel that way. I really didn't mean it as an angle shoot" and certainly wouldn't type "You're the one who deserves no respect you classless @#%$!" but I kinda feel that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Friend, I totally admire your resolve and restraint. I would have been straight in there with a childish retort.
Don't worry about it. Who cares? He chose to call a 40xBB raise with his hand and then he cries about it when he loses? It's his problem.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:44 AM

I definately wouldn't worry about what he thinks. He was the one hoping to exploit the situation and was sick because his callousness back-fired! Good work!

(p.s. Someone should tell him that AK is not unbeatable....)
Old 07-24-2007, 03:03 AM

His comments make no sense. It's bad luck to run into AA, and he felt bad about that and he let his contempt for his fellow players show, but it wasn't anything that you did.

You have a right to bet 10 times the pot, or $1 into a $100 pot, to check-raise or to bet into a dry sidepot. These are all plays that have their place, but confuse some people. If he doesn't know how to handle these, he should think about it and try something, not berate you for playing in a way that he wouldn't, whether you meant to do it or not.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:35 AM

You got him good, you did!
Old 07-24-2007, 09:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't chat. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

As played, good going.