Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2007, 10:57 AM

Default Pair + FD - SH 0.25/0.50 NL live

Playing in my regular home ring cash game. Despite it being a home game and the low stakes, players are all pretty good. Any of the regulars could hold their own up to 5/10 NL or beyond.

At this point, we are just playing a few more orbits to end the night three handed. Started with more but as people busted/left/etc., we asked each other if we would play a while with three and agreed.

Villan in this hand is a good friend, a LAG'gy player who is a weaker SH player. Much better at a FR game. Likes to call PF, but lots of post flop aggression with all types of hands.

Hero's stack: $52
Villan's stack: $25

Hero is in the SB with 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]-7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Villan is in the BB. Button limps. Hero limps. Villan checks.

Flop comes Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]-2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]-4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Hero bets $2.00. Villan raises to $5.00. Button folds. Hero calls $3.00.

Total pot: $11.50

Turn is 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Hero checks, Villan bets $10.00.

Hero?

EDIT: A question - Does this belong in Micro Stakes? I usually post in the SSLH so I wasn't sure. Mods, please move if it should and my apologies.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:18 AM

Default Re: Pair + FD - SH 0.25/0.50 NL live

it does belong in micro...

call turn
Old 07-23-2007, 11:24 AM

Default Re: Pair + FD - SH 0.25/0.50 NL live

yeah, this belongs in micro.

meh, i'm tempted to fold the turn. he's taking a pretty strong line.. raising from the bb after sb leads in a multiway unraised pot is usually very strong. he has 10 behind after the turn bet, and he won't fold anything to a c/r. if he pays off all the time, you have 9 heart outs, 2 tens, and 3 sevens to make 2pair+... 14 outs. you're just barely not getting proper pot+implied odds assuming he pays off every time, and you win the pot when you make 2pair+, trips, or the flush.

it's a home game though, so gamboooooool