Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 03:07 AM

Default Watching a bot at 30-60 UB LHE right now

I do not play limit holdem at all or have any insight into how to detect bots in LHE games. However, I was bored tonight and so I went to look at the LHE games on UltimateBet to see if any of the bots on MrGatorade's list were playing.

Low and behold, ImSpecial (who is on MrGatorade's list, either fairly or unfairly) was playing in a 3 handed 30-60 game. I have been watching the game for a couple minutes and to be honest I really have no clue if this person is a bot or not after watching. The only suspicious thing I have noticed is that this player has a lag before acting no matter the situation or the street. Although I am not a mid-to-high stakes LHE player, I have played enough limit holdem to realize that most if not all players act immediately some if not all of the time, especially if the have something they like, even if they are multitabling. However, this player NEVER acts immediately. There is always a lag.

That is all I really have to say about that. I noticed as I was writing this post the game got 5 handed. I donno if anyone else is as bored as me, but if you are maybe you could rail the game for a couple minutes and give ur opinion on this player and whether you think he is a bot or not.

If not, that is ok too. Bots or no bots I know I could never beat mid to high stakes limit regardless, so I would never play it. Basically there is not enough fish and the game is too technical and would require more study than I am willing to perform right now.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:19 AM

Default Re: Watching a bot at 30-60 UB LHE right now

The fact that he is playing 5-handed seems to indicate that he isn't a bot: multiway poker is a lot more complicated and I don't believe that a winning 30/60 bot has been made.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:32 AM

Perhaps it is some sort of human assisted bot that needs an operator. That would explain the lag time. There is no reason that a fully automated bot would always act slowly, unless it was programmed to do so as a method of cover.

Where is this list posted?
Old 07-23-2007, 10:53 AM

I played a bot heads up in a computer program. Although I could beat it, I have to admit I was impressed. It had some bluffs that would probably make some very tight players fold.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The fact that he is playing 5-handed seems to indicate that he isn't a bot: multiway poker is a lot more complicated and I don't believe that a winning 30/60 bot has been made.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are being naive. I've played with this bot and its tough but clearly a bot. And I believe it sits out 6 handed+ but not positive on that.

[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps it is some sort of human assisted bot that needs an operator. That would explain the lag time. There is no reason that a fully automated bot would always act slowly, unless it was programmed to do so as a method of cover.

[/ QUOTE ]

The UB bot programmers are super dumb for some reason, as you say these timing tells could be easily fixed but they all suffer from them and it seems UB doesn't care so I guess they have no reason to fix them.

-DeathDonkey
Old 07-23-2007, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I do not play limit holdem at all ... I know I could never beat mid to high stakes limit regardless, so I would never play it.

[/ QUOTE ]

And that's why I'd like to keep threads like this out of this forum, if possible.

There are a lot of discussions about bots on 2+2, and you can find multiple threads in the Internet forum as well as the limit short-handed ones. I'm just going to lock relatively superfluous threads like this, unless people here start clamoring for discussions on bots. I'm definitely open to changing MSLHE's position if that's the case.
Closed Thread