Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-22-2007, 08:24 PM

Default buying and selling websites - some input needed

I actively buy and sell internet based projects. mainstream, adult, gaming, you name it. I have a nice contact list of buyers, and I do this for a living, so I feel like I at least am heading in the right direction. The problem (if you can call it that) is dealing with different types of buyers for different niches. Obviously mainstream sites get a higher price than adult, and adult gets more than gaming, this is just the way it is, I can live with that.

I seem to be having troubles coming up with an accurate price for a project thats in between mainstream and adult. It's a ceam/dating project (this is usualy my specialty, I have done (and own) numerous webcam sites). Basicaly this particular project nets about 1.5k a month, takes about 15 minutes a day to run, and costs under 50 bucks a month for hosting. It's pushing dating/cam sites, and it does pretty effing okay. When I started to raise some capital these past 2 months by selling off some of my other cam and adult sites, I ran into a problem. I feel like I am at the mercy of the market (which in my case is a small targeted list of buyers I have dealt with in the past..). I have a site very similar to this that gets about twice as much traffic, that I may be selling soon, so I want to get my pricing right. For the project that makes about $1,450 a month in profit, is $8k asking to much? I understand it has a hint of adult (cams and all), but I dont expect to sell for TGP/Blog pricing ya know. Any help or input is appreciated. Sorry for the long winded post, but it's been something that has been troubling me latley. Thanks. [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]