Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2007, 04:44 PM

Default European GP on DVR beat

For those who don't know (since there are probably only 1 or 2 people here who watch F1), the European GP was red flagged on the third lap after a sudden massive rain that put like 6 cars off track. It's restarted about 20 mins later and I'm thinking "Crap, I might have not recorded enough, it's going to be close." But towards the end of the race it looked like Massa and Alonso were running a solid 1-2 and I probably wouldn't miss much. Then it started raining again. I watch Alonso catch up to Massa and start trying to pass. The commentator was halfway through screaming "Alonso is having a go at Massa, this is for positio....." and the recording ends. Now I have to wait for an alternate means of viewing the race to become available, all for the last few minutes.

Oh yeah and the same thing happened during the qualifying yesterday because some retard at McLaren couldn't put a wheel on right. Damn you Europe.
Old 07-22-2007, 04:49 PM

Default Re: European GP on DVR beat

Oh yeah and I can't talk to anyone or read anything that may be F1 related or turn on Sports Center until I see the end of the race (yes, a couple years ago they did actually announce the results of a race before I had seen it, just on the scroll bar at the bottom of the screen, it was about the only time I had seen any kind of F1 coverage on ESPN, that was a hudge beat too). Yes it is that important.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:49 AM

Default Re: European GP on DVR beat

total beat. exact same thing happened to me. like reading a novel missing the last 3 pages. F freaking dvr.
first few laps were some of the most exciting stuff all season though, if not completely nuts.
you've more patience than me, i just looked up the results after the recording stopped.