Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2007, 01:25 PM

Default Few flop decisions

Iv only joined the table its my third hand so iv no notes on the villian effective stacks $100 $.50/1 game. Early limper i raise to 4 wit AJh from sb and bb call and early limper pot ($16)

Flop JT8 rainbow sb leads for 19 folded to me whats your plan for the hand.

Been at the table awhile not much on villian just seen him play hands agressively makin donkish overbets on draws and with big hands. Effective stacks $150

He limps utg i raised utg +1 to 4 wit AK off he calls.

Flop Ah 7h 8s he checks i bet 7 he makes it 48 again whats your play for rest of hand.

Finally villian in this hand seems a bad player makes horrendous overbets. I raise wit AA to 4 from mp he calls from bb
Flop KJJ he leads for 25 into pot of 8.50 effective stacks $170

I know these are not that intresting just wondering in general how most would play these flops or rest of the hands.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:58 AM

Default Re: Few flop decisions

Hand 1: Raise a lot more preflop than 4. You really don't want callers. Raise to 8. As played, I think it is unlikely that the SB limp/caller has a worse hand the TP with a gutshot. So, you don't have much fold equity if you raise. And you probably don't have the best hand. So, you can fold and not worry too much about the small pot you got bluffed out of the few times he actually had KJ or something. If you had some kind of read, then maybe a different play might be better.

Hand 2) Push or fold. He's pot committed, so he probably calls a push with any draw. It's possible he might fold a weak ace if you push, but given the wide range you put him on, you probably need to push. Just don't be surprise if he has that monster this time.

Board: Ah 7h 8s
equity win tie
Hand 0: 65.311% 62.85% 02.46% { AKo }
Hand 1: 34.689% 32.23% 02.46% { AA, 88-77, A2s+, T9s, 87s, 65s, A2o+, T9o, 87o, 65o }

Hand 3) Does villain who make horrendous overbets make those bets on more than one street? Or does he slow down when called if he doesn't have the goods? I think you probably raise to $50 and fold if he keeps firing later in the hand. I think calling is no good. I think folding is no good. I think raising more makes you pot-commited. And I think he has to fear you have at least AJ if he doesn't have a J already.