Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2006, 06:06 PM

Default The ZeeJustin/Rakeback Dilemma

The following quote is from ZeeJustin's "I'm a huge douchebag who cheated but want to pass the blame" post in the huge thread in the MTT forum.

[ QUOTE ]
Secondly, almost all of you have broken the rules at some point. How many of you have created a second account for rakeback? Neither creating a second account nor receiving rakeback is allowed. Both are expressly forbidden. Maybe you’ll see things my way once all your money is seized for doing that. If I’m a cheater, so are you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is what is in Party's Terms and Conditions regarding multiple accounts:

[ QUOTE ]
5. True Identity and One Account.

The name on your Account must match your true and legal name and identity and the name on your Account registration must match the name on the credit card(s) or other payment accounts used to deposit or receive monies in your Account. You are prohibited from holding more than one Account. If you have more than one (1) Account or Accounts in different names, then you must contact us immediately to have your Accounts managed so that you only have one (1). If you have lost your Account name or password, please contact us for a replacement.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know many people who have opened second accounts at Party for rakeback. I'm sure many of you do as well. That being said, are these people that have made second accounts for rakeback really 'cheating' in your opinion like ZeeJustin seems to think?
Old 02-24-2006, 06:11 PM

Default Re: The ZeeJustin/Rakeback Dilemma

ummm. no.

this was not the only part of his 'apology' post that failed the logic test.

He seems to conclude that all the folks getting rb at party are in immediate risk of having their funds confiscated.
very few actually believe that to be the case (since it's never happened before).

However, almost all of us could see that doing what he did is far more serious and puts one at a VERY serious risk of having all funds confiscated.

To try to equate one with the other and then for him to tell us that everyone else is going to have their money taken away too is ridiculous.

Then again, if I had just lost $100k I would probably be tilting too.
Old 02-24-2006, 06:12 PM

It's breaking T&C but not cheating. If they get their money confiscated by Party they have no comeback in my opinion but as it doesn't affect the legitimacy of the game it doesn't fuss me.

IMO if you're doing it you're taking a calculated risk but it's no skin off my nose. Just don't come whineing to me when/if you lose all your money.
Old 02-24-2006, 06:12 PM

ZJ played the same tournaments with multiple accounts. RB getters usually never touch their old accounts again. Clear difference.
Old 02-24-2006, 06:15 PM

Is it really breaking T&C though?

[ QUOTE ]
If you have more than one (1) Account or Accounts in different names, then you must contact us immediately to have your Accounts managed so that you only have one (1).

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming you tell Party to close your old account?
Old 02-24-2006, 06:20 PM

I close my account on party.

2 weeks later I open a new account.

Party gives me a call just to see 'what's going on?'

I tell them that I just decided to open a new account...and I didn't like the old one anymore.

Party is COMPLETELY aware that it was you who opened a new account.

To try to get included into the VIP-club (back when they were first starting) I infomred them that I haven't played much on my 'current' account but that I was so-and-so player on my old party account, that I went on the party cruise on that account, etc etc.

Basically, you can flat-out TELL Party, "I closed my old account...and now have opened a new one" and there are zero consequences. They don't even tell you "You shouldn't have done that."
They just say, "Oh...that's fine. Just wanted to make sure this was you."

This is way way way different than playing a tourney under multiple accounts which EVERYONE knows is really freaking wrong (and dangerous if you are keeping a lot of money in there).
Old 02-24-2006, 07:06 PM

Zeejustin was also an affiliate, which makes this even more awesome.
Old 02-24-2006, 07:19 PM

the ZJ-thread in the MTT group is a classic ... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 02-24-2006, 08:17 PM

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.
Old 02-24-2006, 08:25 PM

If they get upset about rakeback then they'll just stop paying it. They aren't going to confiscate funds. That's what they did to me about a month after the split.

Out of curiosity, was anyone here signed up under ZJ's affiliate? Any chance of him paying up?