Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2007, 10:28 AM

Default A Hand for the History Books

I'm playing at my local cardroom here in Jacksonville, FL (The Best Bet). The action is notoriously loose (it's the first thing Greg Raymer commented on when he visited a few months ago). But this hand was down right ridiculous.

Limit Hold'Em $5/$5 (State Max Allowed By Law)
10 Players at Table

It's the usual everybody limps in for $5 to a guy in middle position who raises to $10. Everybody to my right calls. I'm in the CO, and I look down to find a K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. It's not the most ideal starting hand, but I have a funny feeling about this hand. It's a trouble hand if I've ever seen one, especially with the raise in front of me, but when I get a feeling about a hand, I go with it, because 90% of the time I'm correct. (feel free to write all the commentary you want on that comment... but there are numerous people at my cardroom who swear I'm psychic, and I'm beginning to believe they are correct). Anyway, I call with my K9o, and then the guy on the dealer button makes it $15. Everyone calls back around to the original raiser who caps it at $20. Everyone calls the reraise. There are now 9 players in this CAPPED pot!!!! (UTG being the only player who folded)

<font color="#666666"> (Because of the $5/$5 structure, I will list pot size as "bets" instead of "big bets") </font>
Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (36 bets)

Well, in a pot this big, if you have any chance at all, you are not getting out of the pot. For me, I figure I need a runner runner 7,8 to win. To keep a long story short, the pot is capped again, this time with 7 players seeing the turn.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (64 bets)

At this point, I feel like I have no hope. Surely, with 7 players in, somebody has a 3. I figure my only hope at this point is to catch a 3 on the river, hope nobody has a 7, and split the pot 7 ways. There is only one bet on the turn, which all 7 players call.

River: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (71 bets)

It gets checked all the way around. But nobody can figure out if they should flip over their cards. Who's won this monster pot? The first person to flip over their cards is an A5o for a pair of 5s. Next comes 77 for a pair of 7s. Then 89o for a pair of 9s, followed by A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] busted flush draw, followed by A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] busted flushed draw, followed then by me who announced cautiously pair of 9s King kicker. There is only one player left. He's not mucking. He had just flown in from Las Vegas where he had just finished playing in the WSOP. Someone had just slowrolled him a few hands earlier, and he was angry and on tilt. I figured this was his way for getting us all back. He was slow rolling. But no... he swore he was just in shock... he had nothing. I didn't believe it until his cards hit the muck. My pair of 9s King kicker took down this MONSTER pot!!!!!

We all commented about how that hand would be one for the history books, and now I am sharing it with you.
Old 07-20-2007, 10:32 AM

Default Re: A Hand for the History Books

No?

i was going to quote bits that make you look like an idiot, but there is at least one on pretty much every line.

btw most fake story I have read, and not funny or interesting.

D-

why did i read that

sounds like a bunch of bad poker players (you included)

thx for wasting a few mins out of my life
Old 07-20-2007, 10:36 AM

terribe.

F.
Old 07-20-2007, 10:38 AM

nothing.

Last night in a 2/4 game with 2 players all in and one calling my roommate down to the river my roommate won with J high. Kid you not. everyone was on a small draw and my roommate was being the douche that bet every street. Of course he said "knew I was good"
Old 07-20-2007, 10:39 AM

WHEN I GET A FEELING ABOUT A HAND, I GO WITH IT
Old 07-20-2007, 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

D-

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry if it doesn't live up to your standards of amazing hands, but when you win a $350 pot with a pair of 9s, well... it was amazing to me, everyone at the table, the dealer, and all of the people who came over to watch after I started screaming because I got so excited that my little K9o had just won.

And as far as being real... I have tons of witnesses.
Old 07-20-2007, 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

D-

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry if it doesn't live up to your standards of amazing hands, but when you win a $350 pot with a pair of 9s, well... it was amazing to me, everyone at the table, the dealer, and all of the people who came over to watch after I started screaming because I got so excited that my little K9o had just won.

And as far as being real... I have tons of witnesses.

[/ QUOTE ]

PokerStars Game #10336746342: Hold'em No Limit ($100/$200) - 2007/06/08 - 17:26:51 (ET)
Table 'Harmonia' 9-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: Dracospinner ($91557 in chips)
Seat 5: mysterio6044 ($35519 in chips)
Dracospinner: posts small blind $100
mysterio6044: posts big blind $200
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dracospinner: raises $600 to $800
mysterio6044: raises $2200 to $3000
Dracospinner: calls $2200
*** FLOP *** [5d As Qd]
mysterio6044: bets $4600
Dracospinner: calls $4600
*** TURN *** [5d As Qd] [Js]
mysterio6044: bets $9000
Dracospinner: calls $9000
*** RIVER *** [5d As Qd Js] [4s]
mysterio6044: checks
Dracospinner: bets $74957 and is all-in
mysterio6044: calls $18919 and is all-in
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Dracospinner: shows [8d Td] (high card Ace)
mysterio6044: shows [4d 3d] (a pair of Fours)
mysterio6044 collected $71036 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $71038 | Rake $2
Board [5d As Qd Js 4s]
Seat 1: Dracospinner (button) (small blind) showed [8d Td] and lost with high card Ace
Seat 5: mysterio6044 (big blind) showed [4d 3d] and won ($71036) with a pair of Fours

now stop posting