Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2007, 03:36 AM

Default EPT Monte Carlo 2007 Hand History

Back when I posted my series of trip reports from EPT Monte Carlo 2007 (which can be found in the archives of my blog
(AdamJunglen.com) I didn't reveal my hand unless it went to showdown.

Well, here they are.

“Blinds are 75/150, my stack was around 21k.

UTG limped (20k)", UTG+1 raised to 450 (24k). I cold called, and the limper called. We saw the flop 3 handed of:

Q73r

Original limper bet 1k, and the raiser called. Action was to me, and I raised to 3,700. My opponents both folded.

*I later found out the limper held Q9, and the raiser had AK”

I had T-T.

I basically put them both on what I found out they had. The flop bettor wasn't betting a set, he had a medium strength hand (likely a weak queen). He wanted to "find out where he was at." The preflop raiser raises the flop bet with an overpair, so I assumed he had AK after making the hesitant call.

If there were ever to be a "post flop squeeze" this was basically it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Same level

“The CO, a loose/passive player opened for 400. I called on the button, and the blinds folded. The flop was

K86r

CO bet 800, and I called.

Turn was an 8.

CO bet 800 again, I raised to 3,200. CO folded. “

I had 45o. The CO c-bet a lot, and we were both around 30k deep. The flop is obviously a great board for my opponent to continuation bet, so I floated him.

His repeat bet of 800 on the turn was basically asking me to take away the pot.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“With a somewhat aggressive/dangerous image, I raised to 450 on the button. The SB, a somewhat thinking player called, and the BB folded. The flop was

AK3r

SB checked, I bet 650. SB re-raised to 1,500. I re-raised to 5k and the SB folded. “

I started the and with around 35k and my opponent had around 16k. I had a good read on my opponent that he knew I was an aggressive player and was raising the button with a fairly wide range. He was around 25 and wearing PokerStars gear. He'd been somewhat aggressive, and was capable of making a bluff. I don't see him flat calling me with AA, KK, or AK, so the only hand he can really continue with is 33. Possibly A3, even that he may fold. After making that flop check/raise it's literally impossible for him to continue; playing out of position.

I had Q9o.

“Blinds were at 100/200 and I opened from UTG to 600. Patrik defended his BB and the flop came QT8 with 2 hearts. Patrik checked, and I checked behind.

Turn was the Kh

Patrik checked, I bet 700, and that was enough to take down the pot. “

I had 44.

It was the first hand Patrik and I played together, and I checked the flop to try to give the impression I'm not crazy aggressive and aren't going to bet every time I'm checked to.

“The next hand we played just happened to be the last hand of the level. I started the hand with about 32k and Patrik had about 24k. With blinds still at 100/200, there were two limpers in early position. Action folded to Patrik in the CO+1 (HJ) and he raised to 900. From the CO I re-raised to 2700. Blinds and limpers folded, and Patrik called.

The flop was 743 with 2 clubs.

Patrik checked, I bet 4,500 and after much contemplation, Patrik called.

At this point, a decent sized crowd had gathered around our table. Most players had already finished their hands and went on break. A majority of them came to my table to come watch the action.

The turn came the Qh

Patrick checked

I thought for a few moments. I’m a fairly deliberate player, and usually never act quickly (although I never “Hollywood” hands). After about 20 seconds, I bet enough to put Patrik all-in. I had him slightly covered, and the bet was slightly larger than the pot.

By the time I bet on the turn, the “decent-sized” crowd around my table had grown exponentially. Patrik went into the tank and started staring me down. It’s obvious, but it was incredibly uncomfortable being stared down by Patrik.

After several minutes (which is an eternity when you’re sitting at the table being stared down), Patrik folded. “

I had A4o. Preflop I thought there was a good chance Patrik was just raising to the weak limpers to pick up the dead money before the break. Once he called my re-raise I put him on 88-QQ, possibly AQs.

With 6,100 in the pot I bet 4,500. Patrik seemed much more hesitant than normal. My physical read on him made me very confident he had a middle pair. He did call, but he was very uncomfortable.

The turn was the Qh, which was a great card for me.

I moved in (roughly pot size) with A4o, and he folded.

This was the first major pot that we had played. At this point I hadn't shown down any garbage while Patrik was at my table, so I believe I had sort of a “smart aggressive, but not totally crazy” image.

After I busted a news reporter told me Patrik said he had 99

150/300/25

I had around 40k, Patrik had about 18k.

“Patrik opened for 1k from the button. I called from the SB, and the bb folded.

Flop was 272r

I checked. Patrik bet 1,500

I called.

Turn was an Ace

I bet 2800, Patrik called

River was an Ace

I bet 6500, Patrik folded. “

QJo

I almost wanted to just check/call, but that really would've sucked if he turned over K5s or something. This hand is very sketchy, but I'd taken a very similar line vs. a different opponent an orbit earlier and showed down the nuts.

Thanks for reading, I hope everyone enjoys it.

-Adam Junglen
Old 07-20-2007, 03:49 AM

Default Re: EPT Monte Carlo 2007 Hand History

Before anyone says it, this isn't some brag post of how I pulled off bluffs.

These were great spots to pick up pots vs. unsophisticated opponents (besides Antonius obv) ....this isn't far from a standard HH for me.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:58 AM

if nothing else, sickest meta post ever
Old 07-20-2007, 04:02 AM

way above my head.. post more of these as much as possible.. how about some nice valuetown hands?
Old 07-20-2007, 04:17 AM

vn post enjoyed it alot and learned alot
Old 07-20-2007, 04:42 AM

sick.....sick sick sick.
Old 07-20-2007, 05:01 AM

Like I told Adam on AIM, I don't really see a way the last one could be good. Obv the flop float is sketchy, but even if we ignore that, I think bluffing that turn card against a player who can hand read is silly.
Old 07-20-2007, 09:32 AM

Very insightful stuff, inspiring me to play more. Keep up the great playing, buddy.
Old 07-20-2007, 09:37 AM

ADAM [pilling] JUNGLEN
Old 07-20-2007, 09:47 AM

A_Junglen, "The Asian Gigabet"