UTG+1: $30.75
MP1: $14.40
MP2: $27.10
Hero: $29.15
CO: $24.80
Button: $43.70
SB: $14.20
BB: $7.85

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is MP3 with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
3 folds, MP2 calls $0.25 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was $0.35)</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, 4 folds, MP2 calls $1 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was $1.85)</font>.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($2.85, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">MP2 bets $3</font>, Hero calls $3 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was $5.85)</font>.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($8.85, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">MP2 bets $3</font>, Hero calls $3 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was $11.85)</font>.

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($14.85, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">MP2 bets $10</font>, Hero calls $10 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was $24.85)</font>.

Results:
Final pot: $34.85

Villain is 66/15/4 over 120 hands

Notes:
- Minibet fair good hands
- Call some weak hands (bottom and middle pair) on turn and river after flop checked around;
- Betted almost pot 2 streets with top pair weak kicker.

Villain was betting and raising, but not calling so many raises. So I decide call on flop and raise if a blank hit on turn. With an overcard and his weird bet I prefered just to call on turn. On river his bet confused me, but as he was showing many weak hands I called.
Actually I think my line was bad and want to hear your thoughts.
Thanks
Old 07-19-2007, 01:41 AM

Default Re: NL25: JJ rope-a-dope against a lag donkey

I don't like your line either. Raise on the flop.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:42 AM

I actually don't mind the call on the flop if he is reluctant to call raises. On the turn though I would certainly raise, that king scared the hell out of him seen his minbet (which means a fairly good hand as you say); another cheap card for him would not be a good plan. River: while you just called on the turn he might feel his JT, QT or AT is good and you were just drawing and so he is valuebetting the river (best line would be to check call, but he obviously can't know); I couldn't resist calling there either.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:09 AM

As played, I would imagine you had the best hand. From your notes (and they are really good notes btw), villan probably does not have 910 as he would not have made a pot size bet. I am think he may even have 810s here in addition to others mentioned above.

Unless you want to slow play your jacks on the turn because you are almost certain villan had tpwk, I would make a big raise here on the turn. I think the near pot size bet on the river is villan is making a value bet thinking you either missed your draw or have a lower pair. As played, I would have made the call also.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:53 AM

I think I like your line. The flop call is fine given your reads.

I am torn on whether or not to raise the turn. You don't know if you are ahead and you may have as many as 6 outs if you are behind. I wouldn't like having to fold if he reraised you. If you were to raise the turn I don't think a pot sized raise is necessary. I think something between 2/3 and 3/4 would be a nice raise. You would probably need to check behind on the river though.

Given how you played it, it is a tough river spot. I would tend to call it, but I am worried about KT.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:53 PM

I like your line. With that kind of read and looking at his stats I'd probably play in this way too.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:08 PM

Rope a dope is a good tactic against this guy, but i'm not sure that a pair of jacks is the hand to try it with. Too many overcard possibilities, seems like your hand is too vulnerable even to just a random crap hand.

Good execution of it IMO, but like I said, I don't know if I would have used the tactic with this particular hand.