Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2006, 02:40 PM

Default QTo in SB turns into battle of the blinds.

Never played with BB until this session, but after 100 hands together I felt I had a good feel for his play. VP$IP of 49%, AF of 0.98.

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 folds, MP2 calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

I had him as neither too passive or too aggressive, or rather didn't think I could have him as any for sure after just a 100 hands. His raise on the turn surprised me. On the flop I knew one of them would be on the flush draw and still didn't discount it with his turn raise. Would a bet on the river have made any difference? I wasn't going to fold having come this far, so figured the c/c would be the cheaper option. How would you fellas play it?

Thanks,
Old 02-24-2006, 02:44 PM

Default Re: QTo in SB turns into battle of the blinds.

It's rare that 3 people will go to the river without any of them being able to beat tp. I think the raise on the turn indicates that BB just picked up two pair or his set. I don't think you will win this 1 in 10 times so c/f the river.
Old 02-24-2006, 03:37 PM

i think the raise on the turn definitely indicates that he has at least a J. i recommend a c/f on the river.
Old 02-24-2006, 04:58 PM

Well if you've got a good feel for him after 100 hands, what does his turn raise mean to you? I might have folded to that raise if you've never seen him raise the turn as a bluff or on a draw after 100 hands.

Since you called the raise and were planning to call the river, I would have instead bet/folded the river.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since you called the raise and were planning to call the river, I would have instead bet/folded the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, betting gives him a chance to fold and if he raises, you know you are beat and can safely lay it down.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:22 PM

Personally, I think the turn raise, unless you have a read otherwise, means that he has at least top pair. I think I call and check/fold the river UI.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I think the turn raise, unless you have a read otherwise, means that he has at least top pair. I think I call and check/fold the river UI.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're going to call the turn, I don't think it should be with the intention of folding the river UI.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're going to call the turn, I don't think it should be with the intention of folding the river UI.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your right. I think I would probably fold to the turn raise unless I know he raise bluffs as you dont really have odds to draw to anything. If you do call the turn, I think you bet/fold the turn instead of check/call. I think it would be a very rare player that would twice raise without having at least top pair if not better. The hand that I would put BB on is a turned 2 pair. So, I guess the two options here would be to fold the turn or call the raise and bet/fold the river. In 100 hands you should have a read at this point that should tilt the hand one way or the other but w/o read I would call the raise and bet/fold the river, making a note of what BB has.