Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2007, 08:42 PM

Default 25NL - KK OOP against L-A

Button is 40/15 with AF of 2.8. For 30 hands previous to this hand, he played a lot of hands against the BB player back and forth, FWIW.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($25)
Button ($39.65)
SB ($30.50)
BB ($40.25)
Hero ($26.60)
MP ($8.95)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls $1.25, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($2.85) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, Button calls $3.

Turn: ($8.85) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $6</font>, Button calls $6.

River: ($20.85) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#0000FF">Hero...?</font>

I'm terrible in this scenario. I know I have top pair going into the river against L-A. But when someone keeps calling big bets from the button, I really worry about his holdings. What is the proper play here? Push? Check and see?
Old 07-18-2007, 09:56 PM

Default Re: 25NL - KK OOP against L-A

I think given your opponent in this situation I'd just lead out for $12 dollars or so and fold to a reraise.

A few things:

1) I wouldn't bet so much on the flop, despite the high likelihood of a draw (diamonds/OESD) you are doing enough by making him call incorrectly by betting 2/3 or 3/4 of the pot .
2) The turn only only completes an unlikely straight draw - 69 (is he loose enough to call with 69 on the button)? It also completes a gutshot which may or may not be able to be discounted.

3) No draws really got there in the end, and it's probably unlikely he's calling you to the river with a 7.

I think it's a balancing act of these factors which really are dependent on how loose this villan is. I think by betting less into the flop you're also making each subsequent street easier to play.

I can easily see him calling you down with 9Ts,9T etc, and folding tons of missed draws which he might have been bad enough to draw to.

---

I just realized that you're only going to have 3 or so dollars behind if you fold to a push, which doesn't make sense, I'd probably push this river. Another risky strategy would be to CRAI on the flop if you are sure that he'll bet to your check, but given all the draws out there you are taking the risk he takes the free card.

I'm not sure any of that was very helpful sorry - it's a difficult spot with him just calling you down. I think he could pretty easily have 99 here as well as JJ or QQ.

Argh! Sorry [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-18-2007, 10:44 PM

bet out 12-18 i think hes prob. on two suited cards
Old 07-18-2007, 10:45 PM

Yeah make it $15 vb.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bet out 12-18 i think hes prob. on two suited cards

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is the case, then shouldn't we be checking?

(I don't think this is the case all that often, though. Sometimes.)
Old 07-18-2007, 10:49 PM

u guys who say make it 12-18 bet etc, do u realize he only has 16 behind? Obv Shove here. Oh and LOL at the guy who says bet 12 and fold to a reraise! LMFAO, that is the worst advice i have heard for a while.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:50 PM

lol
Old 07-18-2007, 10:58 PM

Either make a value bet, or check and induce a bet from this guy as he is aggressive. I think you should balance your play between these two options, and you shouldn't really fold this river after putting in so much and you probably have the best hand.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:01 PM

I believe pushing here is the best play. But, I wasn't sure.

What I am curious about is if I do check on the river and Villian goes all-in, how much credit should I give him on having a decent hand?
Old 07-18-2007, 11:03 PM

What happens more often: (A) We bet here, and fold out a missed draw that was going to bluff, or (B) we check-call here, and miss value from a weaker made hand that would've called a shove?

The size of your flop and turn bets means villain's less likely than usual to have a busted draw here. So I think (B) happens more often here than (A).

So I shove.