Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2007, 06:33 PM

Default Line check, big pot

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $82.52
BB: $88.77
UTG: $50.93
CO: $63.63
Hero (BTN): $130.13

Reads: <font color="blue">Villain is 62/6/.67 over 174 hands. I have raised his limps a couple of times. I have an active and aggressive image.</font>

Preflop: Hero is dealt A K (5 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, SB folds, BB calls $1.50

Flop: ($4.25) J K 3 (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $4.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $8.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $20.00</font>, BB calls $12.00

Turn: ($44.25) A (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $25.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $108.13</font>

Anything you would do differently here?
Old 07-18-2007, 06:44 PM

Default Re: Line check, big pot

I'm confused about the second raise on the flop.

If villain has a club you're pricing him out and if he manages a fold there with like 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] then you're passing up his stack when the next club falls.

If he doesnt have a club do you think you're getting his stack there?

I like the turn play, but mainly because it looks like an Ace with a weaker club kicker (like Ax,Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]) from him.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:01 PM

At first I thought it was beautiful, but the more I think about it I think you should be just calling. The raise only gets called by better this deep, you've got a monster draw left and that means that villain doesn't (even if they think they do.)

QT got there, flushes are already there if villain flopped it. If villain's behind, you have only one card to worry about on the river, a J. If he's ahead, you can improve. With stacks, you're calling any river I guess.

Only point in raise is to fold baby flush, as you have the Ac. Am I crazy for thinking the baby flush will more often fold than the nut straight??? Baby flush would have rr'd the flop, except for those stats.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:02 PM

Yeah it does look like a weaker ace here I like the way you played it accually. TPTK with the nut draw I play this the exact same way get it in.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:19 PM

Firstly other than road rage, nothing ticks me off more than min-raising bastards.

I think this point it v. important: You pretty much min-raised a min-raise. Villian put it to $8, and from his perspective then had to call another $12. In villains shoes, what would you do in that situation?
Old 07-18-2007, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You pretty much min-raised a min-raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true. A min 3bet here on the flop would be to $12. A pot sized 3bet would be to to $24. My raise size is right in between these two numbers. Slightly on the bigger side actually.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:24 PM

Villains low aggression/high vpip make me want to call the turn and evaluate on river. A player like this often stacks off on an A/K/c river in my experience. Cant fault pushing at all here though.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:22 PM

Dont push the turn, push the river. We aren't worried about giving villain a free card here since we have the draw to the nuts.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You pretty much min-raised a min-raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true. A min 3bet here on the flop would be to $12. A pot sized 3bet would be to to $24. My raise size is right in between these two numbers. Slightly on the bigger side actually.

[/ QUOTE ]

just wanted to point out that a psr would be $28, i see a lot of people getting this wrong often
Old 07-18-2007, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dont push the turn, push the river. We aren't worried about giving villain a free card here since we have the draw to the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about losing value from high clubs? Remember villain is a fish.