Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2007, 04:32 PM

Default Bankroll for WCOOP 2.20+R Sats

How big of a roll would you guys suggest for one of these?

I'm pretty much unable to mentally comprehend Bankrolls for rebuys :P. I apologize for this reiterated topic.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:37 PM

Default Re: Bankroll for WCOOP 2.20+R Sats

Well you don't need as big of a roll for a satellite rebuy as you do for a regular one, since there's less variance, and you won't be rebuying like a lunatic (well, at least you shouldn't be.) I would certainly feel comfortable playing these with any roll over 1k.

edit: I see they pay a $39 seat, so you wouldn't even need 1k. Anything a few hundred or better would be fine.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:38 PM

300 is fine
Old 07-18-2007, 04:45 PM

I'll take a crack at it. This is the $2.20 turbo (6max) that pays T$39 to the winners.

It will depend on how many rebuys you do, but assume that you always take the initial rebuy and addon, and get unlucky often enough that you occasionally rebuy once more. So assume 4 total buyins. For a 6-max, I'm not sure if this is low or high, so track your own results and adjust accordingly.

For a typical rebuy, the 100 buyin rule would be (Buy In) * (Avg # Buyins) * (100), so maybe $2 * 4 * 100 = $800. You might reduce the multiplier to 50 if you're running well, but I assume the variance of the 6-max is higher, so I wouldn't recommend it.

Apparently I'm a bankroll nit.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:08 PM

I don't have any math behind is but to max your ROI, taking taking the initial rebuy is not the best way to go. So many people bust before the add on just being around to addon is +++EV in itself.

as a general rule i don't rebuy right away if the cost of the buyin is more than 1/20th of the seat. But its very important to understand proper push/fold ranges in these turbo sats and ot be able to manage the bubble and high blinds almost optimally.

also just a note. In the $5rebuy sats to the daily 50k a 12k stack is about what average will be on the bubble. in the 2.2-->39 it'll prolly be about 17-18k.

oh and $300 should be fine. If you play well cashing close to 50% is not out of the question.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:55 PM

With $2.20 youre good to go.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:41 PM

Has anyone ever done the math for satellite bankrolls? For example, for large field MTTs you need >100 Buyins and small field MTTs you need >50 Buyins. Opinions differ, of course. I've also noticed some people have adjusted these multipliers upwards due to tougher competition.

For a satellite, where the max payout is flat, and you don't need to finish as deep to get a payout, it seems that the bankroll rqmt should be smaller, since the variance should be lower. Plus, it should help when a larger % of the field is paid, or a large number of tables will finish ITM.

In my case, I was trying to figure out what the bankroll should be for the $39 sats to the Sunday $215 tourneys. 1 in 6 get a seat, but with a higher buyin, it probably attracts a better player, and it lasts several hours.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:47 PM

Assuming you buy in (for k chips, so double buy) rebuy once (again for 3k) and add on, your in for 10.20. The most you can win is 39, so to be profitable, you have to win this more than once every 4 times. Can someone give a sample of how many people in there, how many left at addon break, and how many seats?? This would be extrodinarily useful to know before trying to play one of these.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll take a crack at it. This is the $2.20 turbo (6max) that pays T$39 to the winners.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you get W$
Old 07-20-2007, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you get W$

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, W$.