Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2007, 05:55 AM

Default Top pair no longer top, raised on the turn, line?

Dunno villian at all.

I'm assuming that this turn is a b/c, fold river UI? I figured for one more bet, I might as well try to induce a fold on the river, since I really wanted to call anyway.

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (5 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB
Old 07-18-2007, 06:16 AM

Default Re: Top pair no longer top, raised on the turn, line?

What's with you trying to get people to fold pairs? It never happens, especially on the river for 1 bet in a 100 bet pot when you donk.

Once he raises the turn I'd just go into calldown mode.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:20 AM

I guess you still beat QJ so calling down cant be terrible. I am not thrilled tho.

River donk is beyond me.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What's with you trying to get people to fold pairs? It never happens, especially on the river for 1 bet in a 100 bet pot when you donk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, well, I figured that I might as well donk, if I'm gonna call a bet, which I was. Hey, you never know, right? I can easily fold to a raise, and it balances out the times I donk with a real hand. Bad thinking?
Old 07-18-2007, 11:08 AM

dude table change much??

LOL at him folding a better hand on the river. best bet is to check just a tiny bit out of tempo.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, well, I figured that I might as well donk, if I'm gonna call a bet, which I was. Hey, you never know, right? I can easily fold to a raise, and it balances out the times I donk with a real hand. Bad thinking?

[/ QUOTE ]
how does calling the turn raise and donking with a real hand balance out the time you donk with a real hand? in other words, you're not bluffing here but it's not a good value bet.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:56 PM

Am I the only one who can see a betfold on the turn if we can't fold river anyway or intend to do crazy stuff when we do not hit. We have certainly told villain that we have some kind of hand on a total rainbow board. Yes there is a possibility that he goes crazy with AK or other overcards but that is mostly wishfull thinking in my mind. So face it we are behind on the turn and the pot is giving us 8BB while we may have 5 outs - that is the potodds we need are 1:8.2. With implied odds that'll do. But we should consider the small possibility that we could be drawing dead to a set. Turn call can be argued for, but river is checkfold then, right? Otherwise we should have folded the turn cause the draw will cost us 2 BB whether we hit or not.
Do u guys agree?
Old 07-18-2007, 04:21 PM

I dont like the riverdonk at all. You give away your hand and any good player is able to bluffraise you out of the pot. And you get a fold from missed draws.