Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2007, 11:21 PM

Default NL200...AQ facing flop aggression, top pair, nut flush draw!

Not alot of hands with Villian...18/2/2 over 50 hands..nothin out of the ordinary.
Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($359.70)
Hero ($175.40)
MP1 ($163.75)
MP2 ($207.70)
MP3 ($142.50)
CO ($293.50)
Button ($216)
SB ($95)
BB ($194)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $6</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls $6, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $6, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: ($21) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $13</font>, Hero calls $13, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to $38</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ?
Im thinking I have to be behind here obv...Should I call or push?
Old 07-17-2007, 11:36 PM

Default Re: NL200...AQ facing flop aggression, top pair, nut flush draw!

I push this.

What's your reasoning for the line you took on the flop? Why didn't you cbet or check/raise? You have a monster here and you want to start building a big pot and possibly trying to get it in here on the flop, and it's pretty hard to do if you are check/calling. Also you are OOP so the hand will be pretty hard to play on later streets.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I push this.

What's your reasoning for the line you took on the flop? Why didn't you cbet or check/raise? You have a monster here and you want to start building a big pot and possibly trying to get it in here on the flop, and it's pretty hard to do if you are check/calling. Also you are OOP so the hand will be pretty hard to play on later streets.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know...not typical, but I often check to two callers on coordinated boards like that out of position. Heads up, id c-bet auto..once LP bet, i didnt feel i needed to blow the guy in the middle out.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:39 AM

ummm...cbet
Old 07-18-2007, 01:40 AM

I would just call. If you push and he calls you're a significant dog against this type of players range. If he calls with AQ, which I wouldn't rely on, then its ALMOST break even for you.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ummm...cbet

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this also.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:29 AM

I probably just call this raise.

Side-note: Do you always raise 3x blind with AQs UTG+1? Do you ever limp with it?
Old 07-18-2007, 03:40 AM

Well first of all you should c-bet here, you have a great hand and want to build yourself a pot. But as played, I would re-raise. If you just call and turn the flush, he might not pay you off. You can't really raise without committing yourself, and you want to see both the turn and the river, so the easiest way to do that at this point is to just ship it. You are behind nearly everything he is gonna call you with, but even taking into account only the hands that beat you, not AQ or AJ or worse, you win 48.48% vs. KK+,99,AK,A9,K9. He might even fold K9 or A9 and you pick up a nice pot right here, but if he calls its a coin flip. So get your chips in there.

Results?
Old 07-18-2007, 03:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I probably just call this raise.

Side-note: Do you always raise 3x blind with AQs UTG+1? Do you ever limp with it?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, i mix it up. It was a really strange table...the guy that bet in position was going all in on flops....quiet wild....
I pushed up against 99...river... j[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Thank you poker gods.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Im thinking I have to be behind here obv...Should I call or push?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think you're behind, why would you even consider pushing? Really, think about that. Being behind means Villain has at least two pair or better and almost no one will fold two pair or better here. Probably he has aces up (maybe top two) or a set. He's not folding any of those hands which means you essentially have a FD. I'm not trying to be a smartass here, but if you haven't figured this out let me tell you: pushing flops with just a FD and zero fold equity is a sure fire way to lose money at poker. Based upon your read of being behind, the decision is whether or not to call or fold but pushing should be out of the question.