Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2006, 11:45 AM

Default AA, how\'s this look?

Ok. I get these situations a lot. Button is 78/0/.46, SB is 57/0/4 and BB is 44/7.4/1.5. Tired, frustrated and not being dealt any cards... probably overplaying them when I do catch a couple starters.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Pretty standard PF play.

Flop: (8 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

I don't reraise here since I figured he hit the 6. Should I be 3-betting to force the others out? And if he caps it, my guess is to fold?

Turn: (8 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls, Button calls.

Can I call down here? The villains stats would tend to say he has the trips at this point.

River: (11 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button folds.

I think one word probably sums this up. SPEW.

Final Pot: 13 BB
Old 02-24-2006, 11:57 AM

Default Re: AA, how\'s this look?

[ QUOTE ]
I think one word probably sums this up. SPEW.

[/ QUOTE ]
Spew? Hardly. I'm capping this flop or raising the turn.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:57 AM

If you're behind to a 6 why in the hell would you three bet to force the others out. Also what would make you think he has the 6? It's not very often that I hit the call button more than the bet button with AA at .50/1.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:58 AM

I'm on the wrong side of this a lot of times too. Two key items are: You're against LPP and how do they view you?

They must have noticed by now that you raise with quality hands so the SB Flop raise means one of several things: he's holding a 6 or he's got you on AK and willing to fold to a raise on flopped rags. I'd RR here. If he caps, I'd have to call in any event and on a sane night I'd fold to a turn non-Ace and on a hallucinogenic night, I'd Imagine I'm up against J8 and make the crying call on the River.
Old 02-24-2006, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't reraise here since I figured he hit the 6. Should I be 3-betting to force the others out? And if he caps it, my guess is to fold?

[/ QUOTE ]
Why do you think he has a 6? Did you think he had a six before there were 2 sixes on the flop? You must have, because it's even more unlikely he has a 6 after the flop since there are 2 less sixes in the deck.

Do you think villain has a 6 because he checkraised the flop? He could also A8/K8/T8s/98s/99/TT/Ax or think you are betting overcards. It is more likely that a villain holding a 6 would checkraise/raise/wakeup on the turn. Also, consider villain's AF (pretty high, not sure how many hands), but that widens his range of hands that he is checkraising on the flop.

You should raise/bet every street until you are convinced you are behind. Sure, sometimes villain has trips, but a lot more times you are missing bets seeing these monsters.
Old 02-24-2006, 12:48 PM

TOO MANY HANDS!

Martini, you've got 3 hands on the first page. Slow down.
Old 02-24-2006, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how do they view you?

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahahahahaha

Good one.
Old 02-24-2006, 12:56 PM

Maybe you did lose this hand because someone had a six, but you can't let the results blind your review of a play. You'd have to be certain of a player's game to know he has a 6 here.
Old 02-24-2006, 12:57 PM

I don't like a turn raise.

3betting the flop is fine as long as you can get away from your aces when capped and led into on the turn.

The way you played is fine. Weak but fine.
Old 02-24-2006, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The villains stats would tend to say he has the trips at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not see where you're getting this. SB's stats show that he plays over half the hands he's dealt outside the blinds, he never raises preflop, and he's an absolute nutbag postflop. He could have anything here.

I think you actually underplayed this one. I'd at least 3-bet the flop, or better yet call and raise the turn. If Villan plays back at you then call down.