Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2006, 11:18 AM

Default AQo, did I totally butcher it?

UTG is 85/2.5/.6, UTG+1 is 15/7.6/6, MP3 is 53/6.8/1.3 and CO is 44/7.5/1.4. The entire stats for the table are averaging over 50% VPIP all night. It's a juicy table or so I thought... it's getting late, I am getting tired and I am frustrated that I can't get any openings to take shots and when I do I get crushed.
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls.

I limped due to my psyche. Haven't been catching any flops and when I do so many callers are in they usually catch more of the flop. Was this a bad limp?

Flop: (11.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Love the flop. Looking back I probably should have 3-bet here? And it appears I neglected to read the table here. The best player just raised me.

Turn: (8.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds.

Is this a straight forward raise/fold?

River: (10.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

I don't think he has a flush for some reason. This is where I play with a little feel.

Final Pot: 12.75 BB
Old 02-24-2006, 11:32 AM

Default Re: AQo, did I totally butcher it?

Preflop is ok I think, you have a good but not premium hand. It's ok to coldcall here I think. On the flop, you have to bet to not give a free card, and you're lucky that UTG+1 protects your hand for you. You can consider reraising to force UTG out, in case he has a low spade and UTG+1 doesn't have one. The pot is big enough to defend reraising, but I think the decision is close.

On the turn, calling is fine. A flushdraw isn't going anywhere, and you have a redraw if someone has a made flush. It's better to see a cheaper river here I think.

On the river, there aren't many hands you are beating. Any spade beats you, and if UTG+1 had AK, which isn't unreasonable considering how this hand played out, he just rivered you. If he had JJ or TT, he just played extremely weird. Still, the pot is so big a call isn't unreasonable at all here.
Old 02-24-2006, 12:17 PM

Wow, a tough hand, so let me give it a shot

preflop - Not great, but I don't think it was ugly at all.

flop - 3 betting is just spew. What do you think your going to accomplish with it? No one with a spade is letting go and UTG+1 obviously likes his hand a lot.

turn - This is tough (for me at least). You have 4 clean outs (A and Q) and there are two 4's in the deck that I'd give a little less than the full 2 outs. Even with rake, this is a break even call, and with implied odds, I'd say it's +EV to at least continue here.

River - ummm...fold? Big pot or not, I don't think OP's going to win.

I'm waiting for the results to be J10spades O_o

Crovax
Old 02-24-2006, 12:24 PM

i don't think the call pf is 100% horrible but i think it's probably a fold if you aren't feeling good about your play.

check the flop.
Old 02-24-2006, 12:51 PM

I think you can fold the river.

You can't raise the turn as you have to call a 3bet and you get 3bet a lot.
Old 02-24-2006, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
UTG is 85/2.5/.6, UTG+1 is 15/7.6/6, MP3 is 53/6.8/1.3 and CO is 44/7.5/1.4.

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls

[/ QUOTE ]

The coldcall is fine, but be very careful how you proceed as villain probably doesn't raise light up front.

Getting check-raised by the preflop raiser is interesting. His stats are ABC preflop, but that aggression factor is nuts. I don't know what that means except that maybe you don't have that many hands with him.

Calling down two pair is fine, although I really wonder if he flopped a set on you or drew out on the river king. You might want to check the flop so that you can raise a non-spade turn card instead.
Old 02-24-2006, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
UTG is 85/2.5/.6, UTG+1 is 15/7.6/6, MP3 is 53/6.8/1.3 and CO is 44/7.5/1.4. The entire stats for the table are averaging over 50% VPIP all night. It's a juicy table or so I thought... it's getting late, I am getting tired and I am frustrated that I can't get any openings to take shots and when I do I get crushed.

UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls.

I limped due to my psyche. Haven't been catching any flops and when I do so many callers are in they usually catch more of the flop. Was this a bad limp?

Flop: (11.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Love the flop. Looking back I probably should have 3-bet here? And it appears I neglected to read the table here. The best player just raised me.

Turn: (8.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds.

Is this a straight forward raise/fold?

River: (10.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

I don't think he has a flush for some reason. This is where I play with a little feel.

Final Pot: 12.75 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

Grunch:

The tight player raised pre-flop in early position so I would probably tend to fold AQo. But I'm just a rookie. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 02-24-2006, 02:34 PM

preflop cc is ok.

Im 3-betting this flop and not slowing down for the rest of the hand until I see another spade.

UTG+1 looks pretty aggro. So I would make a crying call on the river.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:33 PM

We could fold pre-flop, but we need to 3-bet this flop. On the flop, villain can't have the 1 AA or 1 QQ, and so he may have A with the K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Either way, I think we are very often ahead on this flop. The rest of the hand plays different. I think we put villain into call-down mode with his AK or AJ when we 3-bet the flop. Sucky river.

Buzz