deegee888: raises $200 to $400
icfishies: raises $200 to $600
skilledyou: raises $200 to $800
Betting is capped
Neutrality: folds

Comments on turn appreciated.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:48 AM

Default Re: Stars 100/200, set of kings in trouble

u obviously CANT fold the TURN and have to get to SD..now lets take a look at this one, i can see SKILLEDYOU going nutz with his AK because that is what he does, i have NO reads on degee since i have never played with him but from what i recall since i am too lazy to take a look at PT, i think icfishies is pretty in line...

so back to the hand..look at the TURN play, it is conceivable that someone has QJ or A10 but really only deegee (maybe QJs) since he put in the initial raise PF but the only one i would be concerned about is icfishies...i think u have to call the TURN and obviously CK the river, if it gets back to you on river 2 or more bets i think u can safely muck the hand......but basically mucking TURN is NOT an option because it is also conceivable that icfishies 3 bet PF with 88 and SKILLEDYOU capped with AK, so there are certainly possibilites here that u are NOT behind, but to be honest the LAST card u want to see on the river is another ACE.....u have peaked my interest, what did these guys have??
Old 07-17-2007, 11:08 AM

wow
Old 07-17-2007, 11:25 AM

the chance that you are ahead now is very slim, like maybe 10 or 12 to 1 IMO, and that's a stretch. i really can't see you beating all 3 opponents on turn, because only one can have AK, and only one can have 88, the third one has QJ or AA every time here.

so you're calling 3 bets knowing you're behind on the turn, hoping for the board to pair, and hoping that skilledyou has AK or QJ or 88 here (keep in mind in this special situation AA and AK are equally likely). The problem is that if you are ahead of AK then the A pairing is bad, and that if you are ahead of 88 the 8 pairing is bad. this is a good spot to fold imo. you really have like 4 or so outs, maybe even less when you are behind i think (the K is always an out but thats the only certainty), and you are paying at least 4 bets but probably more to see a showdown in what looks like a 30ish BB pot.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the chance that you are ahead now is very slim, like maybe 10 or 12 to 1 IMO, and that's a stretch. i really can't see you beating all 3 opponents on turn, because only one can have AK, and only one can have 88, the third one has QJ or AA every time here.

so you're calling 3 bets knowing you're behind on the turn, hoping for the board to pair, and hoping that skilledyou has AK or QJ or 88 here (keep in mind in this special situation AA and AK are equally likely). The problem is that if you are ahead of AK then the A pairing is bad, and that if you are ahead of 88 the 8 pairing is bad. this is a good spot to fold imo. you really have like 4 or so outs, maybe even less when you are behind i think (the K is always an out but thats the only certainty), and you are paying at least 4 bets but probably more to see a showdown in what looks like a 30ish BB pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good analysis and this hand reminds me of my multitabling 15-30 on Party back in the day.

I would get tons of situations like this where it seemed like surely I was in terrible shape, but very often my folds turned out to be FTOP incorrect and I would wind up wanting to slash my wrists.

This is Stars 1-2 though so people are a little more predictable. Unless there are two psychos in this hand you really have to be in bad shape.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:05 PM

skilledu is a fckn pyscho if its the same guy from ub.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:08 PM

this is the worst play i have ever seen in my entire life. you should seriously swallow your mouse and slice out your intestine if you want any chance of restoring honor to yourself and your family.

this reminds of a haiku
you are not as smart as you think
dont fold a fracking set
Old 07-17-2007, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is the worst play i have ever seen in my entire life. you should seriously swallow your mouse and slice out your intestine if you want any chance of restoring honor to yourself and your family.

this reminds of a haiku
you are not as smart as you think
dont fold a fracking set

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL this made me crack up hard for some reason
Old 07-17-2007, 08:09 PM

really?
Old 07-18-2007, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
skilledu is a fckn pyscho if its the same guy from ub.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's the same guy and his presence combined with icfishies makes folding the turn a giant mistake.