Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2007, 06:35 AM

Default Limped pot big tp+combo draw 50NL, I checkraise flop

This one was weird. Villain is very loose passive, limping Ax/Kx etc. After he called my checkraise on the flop (I would sometimes lead this but I think the checkraise is fine here) I felt it was likely he had a drawing hand himself, or something like A8o which he might fold to my turn bet, and which I have ample outs to scoop/chop with anyway. Also I feel this disguises my hand better, and he's passive and donkish so he will probably just call and I can set my own price here, instead of checking and having him pot with Ax. When he raises my turn bet after I checkraise flop/lead turn strong I feel 100% sure he has two pair, but obviously I have to call given the minraise. Then on the river he took his time to bet an amount he had to expect me to call. Anybody call the river here? It just seems like burning money to me, given my read.

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($20.40)
Button ($49.25)
SB ($71.90)
Hero ($50)
UTG ($32.05)
MP ($89.20)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: ($1.25) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $0.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, UTG calls $2.50.

Turn: ($7.25) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $10</font>, Hero calls $5.

River: ($27.25) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $5.5</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $27.25
Old 07-17-2007, 06:41 AM

Default Re: Limped pot big tp+combo draw 50NL, I checkraise flop

if villain is very loose/passive, i think check-raising the flop is the worst thing you can do.

a) he'll call with a worse hand more often than normal

b) he'll only bet with a pretty good hand, and once he does, you know he's not going to fold
Old 07-17-2007, 06:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if villain is very loose/passive, i think check-raising the flop is the worst thing you can do.

a) he'll call with a worse hand more often than normal

b) he'll only bet with a pretty good hand, and once he does, you know he's not going to fold

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually checkraised here this time because I think that when I check this flop to him from the BB this is the only spot where he will take a shot at the pot with ATC. I see limpers min-bet flops a lot and then shut down; it's the passive form of a c-bet. So, this way, a.) I get that bet when he has KQo, b.) I may actually fold a better hand when I continue on the turn because my line looks superstrong, and c.) I disguise my hand and when he does have me beat he is more likely to pay off on my gin card. Also he can draw to worse flush draws/gutshots himself with the illusion of implied odds when he really has only reverse implied odds.

I do think it put me in a tough spot this time though. It certainly forces me to lead the turn which is why this pot go so big this time.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:51 AM
 is offline

I don`t mind the flop checkraise, cause it was limped preflop. However, I would check the turn, villain probably has 2pair, a wheel or a set. I don`t think after he calls our flop CR, we have much FE on turn.