Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2007, 12:19 AM

Default 2/4 PS Donk Donks then Donks

BB is 17/5/1.57 over a small sample size(50+ hands)
UTG is 46/2/.60 over a small sample (40+ hands)

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (8 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero...

Easy raise? Easy call if UTG is not here?
Old 07-17-2007, 12:23 AM

Default Re: 2/4 PS Donk Donks then Donks

i'm meh about the flop raise

turn seems close. bb likely has two pair+ at this point, with the + potentially being pretty strong. so it's a math thing which i don't know how to figure out. my gut tells me to call. a fair part of his range has us drawing to only flush outs, and the double donk into the strength we've shown should be given some credit.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:26 AM

Maybe I'm biased towards live games, but in this situation I think you have an easy call and see the river.

I might consider raise/folding to a 3 bet without the Ac if I really thought the SB was a total donk. But it would very much suck to have to pay 3 big bets for our draw here.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:27 AM

Preflop: good

Flop: Raise is ok if BB is passive but I'm not sure I make it against guy.

Turn: I never raise here. BB says he has either AJ or a flush.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:17 AM

Flop is very close to a fold imo. If you play, I'd just peel cheaply, and only because you have K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Oh, yeah, and just call the turn.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop is very close to a fold imo. If you play, I'd just peel cheaply, and only because you have K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Oh, yeah, and just call the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think folding the flop getting 12:1 is a mistake. I count 4.5 outs. Three for overs, 0.5 for two gap straight, and one for backdoor flush. Does one for the flush sound right here? I know SSH says 1.5 for backdoor flush draws but I discounted since we just have one card draw and it's the second nuts.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:41 AM

Yeah, I counted the same. About 4-5. I was thinking about all the RIOs, and not closing the action.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:33 PM

I see no value in raising the turn unless you have some reason to believe that you are actually ahead or there is a strong possibility that you can get BB to fold a better hand. I don't believe that any of these scenarios are the case so I would just call. Getting 3-bet here would not make me happy.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:25 PM

Call. With that board you are spitting into the wind if you raise that turn.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:31 PM

Grunch.

Flop: I think you barely have enough outs to just call the flop, but I don't think a raise is in order here. It's 12 bets when it gets to you and I'd value your outs at about 5 (only 1 for BDFD since the ace[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] could be out, only one for BDSD as well since it's dirty).

Turn: I think the turn raise is fine, though we have a draw to the nuts and it wouldn't suck to get overalls, but it would also suck if the board paired a 6 or 7 and we were beat out because we didn't raise the turn to get those to drop.