Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 11:13 PM

Default Push these 2 for value?

Villan in this hand is Good2Cu but a few people are playing this account these days (vegas LDO). In any case, the account plays laggy and is one of the best players at 5/10.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $10 BB (5 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

SB ($990)
BB ($2333.40)
Hero ($1919.40)
MP ($1805)
Button ($1167.40)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9[[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]], T[[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]].
[color=Red]Hero raises to $35</font>, [color=Gray]3 folds</font>, BB calls $25.

Flop: ($75) 2[[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]], A[[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]], 6[[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] [color=Blue](2 players)</font>
[color=Red]BB bets $60</font>, Hero calls $60.

Turn: ($195) Q[[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] [color=Blue](2 players)</font>
[color=Red]BB bets $180</font>, Hero calls $180.

River: ($555) 8[[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] [color=Blue](2 players)</font>
[color=Red]BB bets $440</font>

In hand 2 iv raised the bb from the sb every single time for about 6-7 orbits, just because iv had real hands every time. hes never folded and rarely folds the flop to the cbets. I think im up a bit in those exchanges. First time he repops me pre. Probably a fold preflop but whatever. Value shove river?

Full Tilt Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $10 BB (5 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

MP ($1000)
Button ($2768.75)
Hero ($3023)
BB ($950)
UTG ($1105)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]], A[[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]].
[color=Gray]3 folds</font>, [color=Red]Hero raises to $40</font>, [color=Red]BB raises to $120</font>, Hero calls $80.

Flop: ($240) 2[[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]], 4[[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]], 4[[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] [color=Blue](2 players)</font>
Hero checks, [color=Red]BB bets $120</font>, Hero calls $120.

Turn: ($480) A[[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] [color=Blue](2 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks.

River: ($480) 9[[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] [color=Blue](2 players)</font>
Hero checks, [color=Red]BB bets $280</font>,

Old 07-16-2007, 11:25 PM

Default Re: Push these 2 for value?

hand 1: call
hand 2: crai river of course. hes probably tring to vb kk/qq or a5s (no fd). btw sometimes he will have aa and you will lose all your money!

edit - an extra sentence
Old 07-16-2007, 11:28 PM

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream

I'd call #1

PF seems spewy in #2, I'd csll river
Old 07-16-2007, 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hand 1: call
hand 2: crai river of course. hes probably tring to vb kk/qq or a5s (no fd)

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-17-2007, 01:16 AM

hand 1 - call.
hand 2 - first if anyone says fold PF they are nits. second if anything is spewy it would be the flop. i generally dont like to float OOP in a 3 bet pot with a guy ive been tangling with. i would check call the river. i dont understand why anyone would want to CRAI as its very possible villain could have played AK/AQ/AJ/A9 the way he did. ur line is very much that of a 66-77 type hand. he could have checked the turn in order to get value from the river with any one of those hands.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:20 AM

Just wondering why you took such a passive line in hand 1. I think I may either raise the flop or turn (depending upon the infinite factors blah blah blah...)
Old 07-17-2007, 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

hand 2 - first if anyone says fold PF they are nits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well i guess im a nit then...this is like the last type of hand i want to be playing oop in a 3-bet pot, id rather have a suited connector or 1-gapper etc. Even though i am never calling pf i would sometimes shove. If it was suited then maybe a call is ok, but calling A-10o here oop vs an aggressive player is a leak imo.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:59 AM

id shove em both, especially if i ever bluff.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:14 AM

Wow, im raising hand 1 for value all day. Id be much more weary if he check/called 2 streets then lead at river. Hand 2 looks like a pretty easy calldown
Old 07-17-2007, 02:21 AM

I'd def shove 1. You need to get paid at least sometimes to make this turn call correct. But prob more importantly you are a big favorite to be ahead on this board, and it allows you to bluff this river when your floats go wrong.

2 I like a call. Push here is a bluff imo, he prob doesn't dump AQ, mayybe AJ. But I hate the earlier streets here. I think preflop is really bad. I think he is actually less likely to have a hand since he knows that he can generate action postflop with a monster given the way he has been playing. SO I prefer a shove, or fold if you are not feeling like gambling. Flop also seems bad. I don't think this is a spot to c/c and c/f UI, seems much better to check/shove flop and force a decision from his small pair/AJ and take down a big pot.