Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 09:46 AM

Default QQ against a reraising nit

away from my actual hand history so I modified another poster’s hand to fit my needs.

Villain stats were 14/8 after 200 hands. given his aggressive preflop reraise which was out of line for him, his hand is narrowed down quite a bit.

is QQ worth pursuing against this player? if so how? call flop reraise, cbet on the flop, and fold to a raise? all in preflop? all in on the flop? check raise the flop?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) bwana converter (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($56.00)
MP ($51.50)
CO ($100.90)
Button ($40.65)
SB ($52)
BB ($30.80)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="red"> Hero raises to $2.00 </font> , 1 fold, <font color="red"> CO raises to $8.00 </font> , 3 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: ($16.75) 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $21 </font>...
Old 07-16-2007, 09:55 AM

Default Re: QQ against a reraising nit

Against a player with those stats and the size of his bet on the flop, id probably muck my cards. I mean at best you are praying for either JJ or an extremely overplayed AK. Far too often you are seeing AA and KK here from a nitty player and you are clearly not getting anywhere close to good odds on your money. As far as QQ being worth pursuing, I dont think you an just muck QQ here preflop as there is always the chance of JJ and AK but with the way this hand was played post flop, your hand must hit the muck. As far as the other options post flop, u obviously cant just call, I mean youre not putting in over half your stack to fold to a blank river are you?
Old 07-16-2007, 10:00 AM

Default Re: QQ against a reraising nit

Against a 14/8 player over a decent sample, I can see a pre-flop fold to his re-raise. He may not even 3-bet with JJ, in which case you're just hoping he has AK and it's going to cost you a lot to figure this out.