Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 07:08 AM

Default Should I call a BIG pf reraise ?? W/ TT

Can someone explain the statistics or odds on this situation so I will have a basis for future decisions.
I folded because I fell TT is a modest hand that can get me into trouble. I always play them aggressive but not this aggressive. Please help.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

Hero ($50.90)
MP1 ($51.50)
MP2 ($51.10)
CO ($65.90)
Button ($44.50)
SB ($50.25)
BB ($108.45)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T, T.
[color=#CC3333]Hero raises to $2</font>, [color=#666666]3 folds</font>, chipsRcheap calls $1.50, [color=#666666]2 folds</font>, [color=#CC3333]BB raises to $7.5</font>, Hero folds, chipsRcheap folds.

Final Pot: $5.75
Old 07-16-2007, 07:20 AM

Default Re: Should I call a BIG pf reraise ?? W/ TT

This is a hard one imho.
The biggest problem is that you have a guy to act behind you, who might be strong.

To be honest, I don't really know, I do know that you should put the handconvertor to 2+2 format instead of flopturnriver.com format [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-16-2007, 07:26 AM

What hands do you think he would do this with? Lets say he would do it with AA,KK,QQ,JJ,AK. So you are a 4-1 dog 4/5 times, and you are in a coinflip situation 1/5. Seem like an easier fold now?

You can also widen his range a little. Add AQ, 1010, 99 to that and you are still well behind his range. This is an obvious fold.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:27 AM

I don't think your fold is bad here, as you are OOP. But you can't always fold TT to a 3 bet, but also just calling and playing for set value can't be a good solution.
What about a push now and then?
Old 07-16-2007, 07:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think your fold is bad here, as you are OOP. But you can't always fold TT to a 3 bet, but also just calling and playing for set value can't be a good solution.

[/ QUOTE ]

1010 after being 3 bet from the blinds with a person to act behind you is an easy fold. If he is in the cutoff and the button 3 bets him, then that is a different story but this is a fold 100% of the time.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:50 AM

Unless you have a read on your villain, this is a definate fold. You've raise UTG which is a definate show of strength. You got a caller in the CO, although it looks like he had to post and got in "for cheap." And now a RR? Unless he's a fool, this isn't a bluff.

Assume he doesn't have either AA or KK, the RR from BB could be designed to just take the pot down now since he's OOP. I'd do that with something like JJ or QQ, maybe even AQs or AK: 12 paired hands and 20 non-paired hands. You've got the lead with overlay to call or push vs. the 20 non-paired hands, but the 12 paired hands have you crushed despite the overlay. Against the range in general (using rough numbers... 55% to win vs. non-paired hands and 20% to win against paired hands) you have ~41% equity. You have 5.5 to go in a 11.75 pot, so you're getting 2:1 on a call with position, but since you won't know where you stand after the flop, you'll probably have to fold if he leads out unless you spike your T. So I'd lean to fold. Especially with the fellow still to act behind you this is fold.

So the answer is "fold" when discounting AA and KK, add those to his range, and your are CRUSHED. Of course, you have the option of trying to set-mine here, as you'll have implied odds if you can win his stack by spiking that T on the flop (this is debatable, somewhere in these forumns there's advice that you actually need ~11:1 implied set-odds since sometimes you'll hit your set and still get stacked), but I don't think it's worth it as people might learn that you'll give up on big pots on the flop.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:51 AM

Hmmm here I think I might call see the flop if you label him a LAG. Also consider implied odds if you get a board like 10-3-8 or something, you will stack him if he has KK QQ or AA.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:51 AM

i would sometimes call here... cant remeber the play( squeeze play??) a lot of players have read a lot of poker books and seem to make this play a lot with hands such as suited connecters and small pairs... after a raise and a call a player in position will reraise to get both to fold... often u will be behind here to a bigger pair but very often u will also be up against AQ\AK\ or something much weaker. i think i would call here quite a lot but it also depends how good u are at post flop play, and what read u have on the villain
Old 07-16-2007, 07:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a note on this line, I understand the idea to push just to "mix up" how you play hands, but since his calling range to a 4-bet AI will NEVER be behind you here, you're turning your TT into a bluff. So you're not mixing it up by playing your TT strong, you're mixing it up by bluffing. May as well have 72o.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i would sometimes call here... &lt;edited stuff in middle out&gt;... after a raise and a call a player in position will reraise to get both to fold...

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain is BB - he'll be OOP the rest of the hand.