Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2007, 08:43 AM

Default Turned flush facing C/R

Again as i cant use poker tracker on the site im on i dont know how to put up hand histories from mermaid poker if anyone knows how i would be greatful for the info. OK back on topic playin a .50/1 table.

Hero $250
Main Villian $230

Villian raises utg to 4 and one callers so iv 4c 6c i decide to flat call from cutoff to play the hand in position but the button calls also ruining that idea. (pot $17.50)

Flop 3c 8c Qh

Checked to me i bet 4 button raises to 10 original raiser calls i flat call (pot $47.50)

Turn 7c

Checked to me i was going to bet but i know button will keep firing from watching his style of play so he bets out $15 a weak scared bet and original raiser flat calls i try to end it here and make it $46, button calls and origianl raiser makes it $110.

My notes on villian says creative solid ABC player.

Whats your line???
Old 07-15-2007, 09:43 AM

Default Re: Turned flush facing C/R

Whats up with your flop bet, its terrible. Make it 12-15 or check it, betting like that is just not a good idea. Shove the turn in this spot.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:06 AM

I think you're beat. Because you're so deep I would fold to the reraise. After all, everyone has got to realize that in a three-way pot, someone just hit the flush. He would have to be a complete idiot to make that play without the flush himself, and I'm thinking it's not 6 high. This deep, I fold.

And wtf is with everyone calling raises and reraised with these bs starting hands. Do you honestly think you're going to play 64 profitably to an UTG raise in full ring? If you do think that, let me disabuse you of that notion. You will NOT play that hand profitably in that situation. I don't care if you are in position.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:38 AM

I fold this.

He check called the flop, check called the turn and then raised when you check raised. This is not QQ, this is a flush, probably AKcc or AJcc.

Unless he is truly awful, i would never call this.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:21 PM

As played you must fold. But the flop bet is far too weak if you are going to show aggression on the flop. I see far too many players bet the minimum or less than 1/3 of the pot with a FD just to build a pot. It's easy to pick them off when they stab at the river when their draw doesn't come in. Anyway, you need to bet more on the flop or check the flop. As played the call on the flop is fine since the raise from the other player is also tiny compared to pot size. You alert everyone that you have a large hand on the turn by c/r into 2 people, yet villain is still willing to go to battle. I fold this.