Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2007, 06:16 AM

Default FH on flop, when to realise stop betting 0.5/1.0

Fullhouse battle against propable tag limper and rest are unknown. If you guys don't concentrate on preflop error, not betting 99 from big blind, right?

Limit: $0.50/$1, 10 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
2 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, 3 folds, SB calls, Hero checks.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4SB, 4 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+2 raises</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+2 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+2 caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (14BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+2 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: 22BB

So, in what state should I start calling? It started to seem pretty bad for me on the turn, as a little thought came to my mind that I'm actually behind here. But then I couldn't stop anymore [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img].

AA, A9, A7, A5.. they all suddenly started to seem very very likely for the limper. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 07-15-2007, 07:44 AM

Default Re: FH on flop, when to realise stop betting 0.5/1.0

*grunch*

I would probably just call 3bet river rest i would play the same.

EDIT: i dont think limper has A9s - like u say he is TAG so he would probably raise this hand at UTG+2
Old 07-15-2007, 08:43 AM

I probably slow down on the river. The rest looks fine.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:47 AM

*grunch*

Villian has A9????? I don't really know why you would slow down here. If he has A9 or quads then your loosing a big pot. Im never slowing down here.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:46 AM

I don't see how you don't keep re-popping there. Not all that many hands to fear (because I don't know if a TAG player is gonna call A5s at UTG+2. Also, a typical TAG player isn't likely to have AA and then smooth call at UTG+2.

The 2 re-raises on the flop indicate an A. The only question is with what? Does someone with trips re-raise twice with A7 or A5? I don't think so, at least not me. I'd smooth call with a set of As and a 3SB bet instead of capping.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
*grunch*

Villian has A9????? I don't really know why you would slow down here. If he has A9 or quads then your loosing a big pot. Im never slowing down here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeh, I think that this is the way I would play this always.

But is he going to cap me on every single street with a trip of aces only? That's the thing which made me think twice in the middle of turn raising war.

I would not put this on AA. Or if he would play AA slowly, I'm gonna lose big, and that's it. But I can't be afraid of slowplayed Aces here...
Old 07-15-2007, 01:46 PM

The fact that you lost the maximum amount possible on this hand (if indeed you did lose) simply means you played it EXACTLY RIGHT. I'd far rather see a hand like this where it's pushed to the very end than hands where hero slowplays and gives up a bunch of value. If villain won this hand he misplayed pre-flop and got very lucky. Also if villain misplayed this pre-flop then the action he took indicates he really isn't a true TAG.

Oh, and I'm fine with the pre-flop limp for set value.
Old 07-15-2007, 02:59 PM

I would slowdown on the river, if the UTG+2 player is decent you would never get so much action if he holds AK, and he probably doesn't even hold AQ because he didn't raise preflop. So if he doesn't give this much action with trips there can be just one conclusion: you are probably beat.
Old 07-15-2007, 03:14 PM

c/c or maybe c/r/c river. you put in too many bets. read a hand, for crissakes. what could a TAG limper have here? AJ? AT?

i would raise pf against 3 opponents, but would lean towards checking against 4.