Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2007, 04:51 PM

Default Live 6/12-I flop full house, how fancy do I get?

Friday nite, 9 handed, all regulars, average 5 to a flop, 1 raise per orbit.

2 limpers, I limp in MP with 33, 1 call, Button (70ish weak tight white guy who plays golf), SB fold, BB calls, everyone else calls.

F: AA3
Everyone checks to button who bets, fold, 40ish Hispanic dude who has rebought 4 times in 90 minutes and been all in 4 other times calls, fold, I call, fold. Big pot, no draws out there, I have a very big hand therefore I decided this was the time to slow play. I never considered betting out, I very briefly thought about raising, but decided to keep people in and raise the turn.

T: T
Check, I check, button bets, 40ish guy calls, I raise, both call.

button says "gimme a picture card!"
R: Q

40ish guy bets, I consider raising as I put the button on AK, AQ, AJ, which would mean I was ahead 2/3's of the time, but decide I can't fold to a 3-bet, so I call, sure enough button raises, 40ish guy calls, I call.

Standard or do you do something different? What is your hand range for the 40ish guy and the button?

Thanks, Mr. C
Old 07-14-2007, 05:50 PM

Default Re: Live 6/12-I flop full house, how fancy do I get?

I don't even know if we can put Button on A-J here since he's an old weak tight guy who raised four players. A-K or A-Q is far more likely.

That being said, your line is standard and no you cannot fold to a 3-bet here on the river.

As far as the Hispanic guy goes since he just called the whole way we can eliminate K-K - J-J. Probably 10-10 as well since he'd keep r/r'ing the river.

Your line seems pretty standard to me. Sounds like you got sucked out on though. Results?
Old 07-14-2007, 05:54 PM

pretty standard imo....although if the pot was raised preflop i'd consider just leading out the flop as i expect more people would call.

one thing to consider - the likelihood that the button was betting a fairly weak hand trying to pick up the pot on the flop when no one showed any strength. in this case, once a few people call his flop bet, the turn has a rather high probability of being checked around, thereby negating your opportunity for a turn checkraise. if you think the button was betting something fairly weak here (like 55) then you should consider going ahead and leading the turn to make sure that you get value on the big street.

(NC) - was this at the borg? if so that 6/12 is a lot juicier than i remembered.
Old 07-14-2007, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Results?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, maybe after somemore comment.
Old 07-14-2007, 05:59 PM

Preflop: good

Flop: Bet. You can loose a ton of action if you and a guy with an ace both decide to slowplay your hands. Luckily as played somebody decided to bet and you should checkraise him.

Turn: Raising is right of course. Just think how disasterous this would have been though if it would have been checked around because your opponents had 77 and KQ here or something.

River: Raise for value. Folding at any point in this hand would be dumb.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:01 PM

your thinking is off
you do have a huge hand
but it's fairly vulnerable
c/r flop immediately
don't slowplay the underfull like this; tons of cards kill your action or your hand
Old 07-14-2007, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
one thing to consider - the likelihood that the button was betting a fairly weak hand trying to pick up the pot on the flop when no one showed any strength. in this case, once a few people call his flop bet, the turn has a rather high probability of being checked around, thereby negating your opportunity for a turn checkraise. if you think the button was betting something fairly weak here (like 55) then you should consider going ahead and leading the turn to make sure that you get value on the big street.

[/ QUOTE ]

A good idea and thought process but the OP mentioned the Button is a weak tight old guy. He raised PF into four others so I think we can put him on a middle PP here approximately never.

Agreed that he could have been leading out without an Ace since it was checked around to him on the flop, but I can't see him having 4-4 - 8-8 here. A different player yes, but not an old tight guy who plays golf.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

don't slowplay the underfull like this; tons of cards kill your action or your hand

[/ QUOTE ]

si, senor. ESPECIALLY in a big pot.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

He raised PF into four others

[/ QUOTE ]

he did??

OP did i miss something?

if he raised PF then you gotta CR the flop imo...the pot is too big to slowplay...

rules for slowplaying:

1) small pot
2) lame board

if rule #1 is broken then we cant slowplay....
Old 07-14-2007, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

He raised PF into four others

[/ QUOTE ]

he did??

OP did i miss something?

[/ QUOTE ]

"2 limpers, I limp in MP with 33, 1 call, Button (70ish weak tight white guy who plays golf), SB fold, BB calls, everyone else calls."

I think OP forgot to put the word "raises" after describing the Button here. That's how I read it. Otherwise, why would everyone else (starting with the blinds) call or fold. The BB wouldn't have to call unless someone raised behind.

Since the OP mentioned there were "two limpers", then he limped, then "1 call", the raise had to come from the Button. The three other limpers + OP = 4 players.

Did I read this wrong?