Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2007, 04:23 PM

Default Boxing Tonight

The night gets kicked off with the Jones Jr. fight. I won't be watching it with good fights on HBO no need to pay to watch Jones win an easy decision. I'm on Jones.
I look for Kermit to get the KO in 6th. Haven't seen any lines I like for this fight though.
I think Gatti is going to win but it's hard to forget how bad he looked in his last fight. He's had a lot of great fights and they might have caught up with him. There might be some value in Gomez in case Gatti is done. I'm probably laying off this one.
The best fight of the night will be the last one. This could be the fight of the year. I like Williams and at even I think there is value there.

Picks- Jones -240
Williams E

Actions Junkies- Gomez +185
Cintron KO 4-9
Cintron U7.5 -125

Any thought or other opinion.
Old 07-14-2007, 04:42 PM

Default Re: Boxing Tonight

If I were betting anything it'd probably be Gomez, but I doubt I will.
Old 07-14-2007, 05:16 PM

Default Re: Boxing Tonight

I see value in Gomez tonight at +185. In fact, my eyes tell me that this should be almost an even money fight- Gatti has been through so many wars, and is possibly shot. Gomez is nothing too special, especially defensively, but as the fresher fighter, back in his natural weight class (he was fighting much bigger guys on The Contender), I like his chances. My hesitation is that Gatti is the name here, and his handlers must have picked Gomez for a reason- he needs a win to set up one last payday (with Ceasar Chavez jr.) before retirement. Plus, Gatti is a huge crowd favorite. Still, the line is too juicy: Gomez by dec.

In the Margarito-Williams fight, Margarito probably will end up being my biggest boxing bet of the year (I'm no high roller, so this is all relative). Although he's talented, even when Williams wins easily, he doesn't do it in an impressive way, and I just don't think he is ready for a beast like Margarito. Other than Williams' spectacular size for the division, I think Margarito's toughness, experience and pure skills will be too much for Williams. By the end of 2007, I think Margarito will be on every one's p4p top-10 list. Margarito 8-4 in rounds.

In any case, good luck.

Bud.