Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2007, 07:18 PM

Default 50NL: JJ in the BB, shorstack

No reads on villain, hasn't done anything to warrant my attention so far. He'd been at the table for about 2-3 orbits.

Please no comments on what i chose to buy in with.

Whats the plan on the flop? I assume preflop villain would push AA-QQ and maybe AK, but nothing is certain.

Do i c/f, c/c or push?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($46.10)
UTG ($41.65)
UTG+1 ($58.30)
MP1 ($49.25)
MP2 ($24.30)
MP3 ($83)
CO ($53)
Button ($49.25)
Hero ($21.25)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $6.75</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $4.50.

Flop: ($13.75) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero???</font>
Old 07-13-2007, 07:22 PM

Default Re: 50NL: JJ in the BB, shorstack

Well regardless of not talking about your buyin, you need to realize it does hurt you in this respect. Make a decent sized cbet anyway. Prob like 2/3 the pot or so. if he doesnt have an ace he wont challenge you because to him it will look like your trying to get your stack in.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:26 PM

I don't like your preflop play. If you're not going to shove any flop, just make a call preflop and see where you are after the flop. As played I guess I shove.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:29 PM

The pot is $13, i have $14 left. Any cbet kinda commits me.

I either decide to be done with the hand and check fold, OR go all the way. Now do i do better by pushing, and folding hands like KQ, QJ 77 or others that can outdraw me, or by check calling and make money by him bluffing but giving him a free card for those picture card/low pair hands
Old 07-13-2007, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like your preflop play. If you're not going to shove any flop, just make a call preflop and see where you are after the flop. As played I guess I shove.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeh, this is what i did. I was just wondering if i get more value by check calling than by shoving, once i have decided to felt here. I shoved on instinct as i was shoving any flop (aside from maybe AKQ etc).
Old 07-13-2007, 07:33 PM

obviously check calling is the better play if you are committed to the pot. How is this even a question?
Old 07-13-2007, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
obviously check calling is the better play if you are committed to the pot. How is this even a question?

[/ QUOTE ]

What? You fold out KK, QQ, and maybe even Axs where x is 8 or less.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:48 PM

I think C/C is horrible here. to OP, if you think your opponent wont see an all in as a draw or JJ type hand, rather then a large cbet, then by all means make that play.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What? You fold out KK, QQ, and maybe even Axs where x is 8 or less.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't think you fold out any of those hands. Anyone who is calling your re-raise with Ax is not folding the flop ever. Yes, you would fold out KK/QQ maybe half of the time.

I think the play here is to check/fold, but if you want all the money to get in the pot, check calling has to be better than shoving. If you think you'll be folding out KK/QQ you are certainly not getting any calls from hands that you beat.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:56 PM

Hero has a PSB left. The options are c/c c/f or AI. There are no Cbet options here. If he bets 6 dollars, he'll be calling any raise or putting the rest in on the turn, obv. Do you actually think there is merit to betting $6 and folding to a raise?