Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2007, 10:47 AM

Default 50nl Folding JJ on xJQQA board

only 20 hands with villan, he was very lose passive, after the turn i could not put him on a hand other than AQ or AA

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $49.00
BB: $54.51
UTG: $50.87
Hero (CO): $55.33
BTN: $78.16

Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J (5 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $2.00</font>, Hero calls $2.00, 3 folds

Flop: ($4.75) 7 J Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3.00</font>, UTG calls $3.00

Turn: ($10.75) 7 J Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $10.00</font>, UTG calls $10.00

River: ($30.75) 7 J Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets all-in for $35.87</font>, Hero folds????
Old 07-13-2007, 11:03 AM

Default Re: 50nl Folding JJ on xJQQA board

I don't think there's any way I can fold a boat here. This could be a straight, a smaller boat, trips, two pair, top pair, a cold bluff on a scary board...

Looking at the flop, if he's got AQ, does he really check TPTK here? If he's got AA, he's got an overpair. I just don't see the check/call after a PFR out of either of those hands. QQ might slow play the set like this, but that's the only one of the hands that beat you that makes sense here.

Looking at this, it looks a lot like KT drawing to a straight, and making it on the river. If it's quads, or the better boats, I lose my stack here but I definitely call it.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think there's any way I can fold a boat here. This could be a straight, a smaller boat, trips, two pair, top pair, a cold bluff on a scary board...

Looking at the flop, if he's got AQ, does he really check TPTK here? If he's got AA, he's got an overpair. I just don't see the check/call after a PFR out of either of those hands. QQ might slow play the set like this, but that's the only one of the hands that beat you that makes sense here.

Looking at this, it looks a lot like KT drawing to a straight, and making it on the river. If it's quads, or the better boats, I lose my stack here but I definitely call it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking this, but i dont think villians call the turn bet with K10. I think a very large portion of the time its AA KK or AQ...

I felt sick when that river came out, but after the turn call i found it very very hard to put him on anything else
Old 07-13-2007, 11:11 AM

i think villain would reraise AA on this scary board also. AQ is possible i suppose... i dont see him pushing here without a q unless he has AA, so i think the only hand your beating here is KQ and your losing to AA, QQ, AQ, so i think it is a fold sadly yes...
Old 07-13-2007, 11:12 AM

Preflop sucks; 3b 100%.
Flop/turn is fine.
River is tough.
Could be a horribly misplayed AK from villain, possibly KQ, or a deranged bluff, but I think you are beat quite a lot. I'd still probably close my eyes and call.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:16 AM

paulnic - That was my exact reasoning, i figure he has boated up more than he has air, ak etc.

TheRenaissance - lol, i was considering going to the close eyed call, but i just cant help but think that river overbets are generally the nuts or that close to it

Just could not bring myself to do it (call that is)

edit: oh and about PF i find alot of the time these utg raises from guys who limp / minraise consistantly are generally a big hand...Probably scared poker on my behalf but i kind of felt safer playing JJ for set value
Old 07-13-2007, 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
paulnic - That was my exact reasoning, i figure he has boated up more than he has air, ak etc.

TheRenaissance - lol, i was considering going to the close eyed call, but i just cant help but think that river overbets are generally the nuts or that close to it

[/ QUOTE ]

Good that you trust your reads like that. I wouldnt loose much sleep over it. This is so close EV-wise that it wont affect your winrate much anyways.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good that you trust your reads like that. I wouldnt loose much sleep over it. This is so close EV-wise that it wont affect your winrate much anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awww...that being said, i said "folding JJ" and being the gentlemen that he is showed:

big_stevie1 shows [ A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ]a full house, Queens full of Aces.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:26 AM

I consider spots like this variance [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 07-13-2007, 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Awww...that being said, i said "folding JJ" and being the gentlemen that he is showed:

big_stevie1 shows [ A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ]a full house, Queens full of Aces.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha, nh