Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2007, 10:12 PM

Default 20/40 WPEX Turn Spot

6 handed game. I raise ATo (suits irrelevent) UTG+1. da_enigma 3bets on the button and Gooodlife calls in the SB; BB folds and I call.

If you've played on WPEX, you know da_enigma is one of the better players around. And Gooodlife isn't. He bounces around between his aggression levels (i.e. raising 57s UTG 6handed), but he also has a habit of calling 1+ bet only to c/f the flop.

10SBs in the pot and the flop comes T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I check, button bets and the SB raises; I 3-bet and everyone calls.

Turn is the 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and I bet; button raises and SB calls. I have absolutely no idea what to do. There's now 14.5BBs in the pot and I'm closing the action. I'm not sure if the button would raise this turn with QQ/JJ, but they can't be ruled out. I can't see him semi-bluffing a turned draw, so we're pretty much left with AA/KK/TT/88 and possibly A8 and AT in addition to QQ/JJ. The pot is big enough to justify at least a call against KK/QQ/JJ, but I'm not sure how heavily to weight those hands in his range. I decided to fold, but I concede that may very well be wrong.

Also, for [censored]-n-giggles, anyone like the idea of 3-betting the turn (but only as long as the pot remains protected)? I have the SB beat (for now) like always, but I don't know if the button will give me enough credit to fold AA/KK/QQ/JJ/AT, but those hands are in a truly crappy spot once I 3-bet on this board in a protected pot. In practice, I don't know that I'd do it, but it sounds intriguing.

Thanks,
Steve
Old 07-12-2007, 10:21 PM

Default Re: 20/40 WPEX Turn Spot

I think a turn 3 bet could be a super expert play but only if da_enigma is playing super good and not 4 tabling 3 and 4 handed games like normal because I think he'll just shrug and pay off generally. Also I call the turn and fold the river unimproved and think QQ/JJ shouldn't be discounted at all. What else is he supposed to do with those?

-DeathDonkey
Old 07-12-2007, 11:03 PM

spewspewspewspewspew
Old 07-13-2007, 03:56 PM

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I suspect calling the turn/folding the river was probably best, and I'm not sure why it didn't dawn on me during the hand. In the actual hand, the river was an A. What would you do at that point? c/c? b/c?

Regardless, discounting QQ/JJ was just a gut reaction that wasn't necessarily hinged on anything tangible. Given his flop/turn line, a big PP is probably his most likely hand.

Thanks again,
Steve
Old 07-13-2007, 05:00 PM

how would u play this hand S T
Old 07-13-2007, 08:47 PM

If the pot is still 3 ways on the river I donk/call. If its HU with da_enigma at this point I checkraise/should-fold-but-probably-call-anyway.

-DeathDonkey