Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2007, 08:21 AM

Default .5/1 KQo

UTG is a bad player, not enough hands to get stats but I've seen a few of his plays and he was horrible. He called river with some J high crap after lots of action, etc.

BB is a tighter player, but I don't have much hands on him either.

I never know what to do with KQo against a raise. I open raise it from anywhere, so I guess I should iso raise this donk with it. Bad/good?

Flop is standard ofc, but fold turn?

Party Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.50/$1
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, 3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">BB caps</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (12.5SB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (7.75BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (9.75BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: 1BB returned to BB.

Results:
Final pot: 9.75BB
Old 07-12-2007, 08:28 AM

Default Re: .5/1 KQo

Looks good. Read is vague but preflop is definitely fine from what you gave. Turn is fine imo, though clearly fairly close.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:40 AM

The only decision here is if you should call river or not. Since he capped he probably has at least ace high, but the pot is big and there's a slim chance that he has QJs or the same hand we have. We need to be good some 8% here and thats doubtful if he's tight as you say, but I probably wouldn't let him win this pot without showing what he capped with pf.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:54 AM

Well I think I just fold this turn and I play the other streets the same. I think that you are always behind on the turn in this situation and you don't have the odds to call on a paired board. Maybe it's close though getting almost 9 to one and you're closing the action so I can see a call. I just think that you definitely can't count on your overcard outs as full outs as he will show AK,KK,or QQ alot here so you're going to actually lose more bets when you hit a good amount of the time. If he's got JJ then you have less outs to your strt and you won't be able to confidently play your TP if you hit. I think the way you played it isn't bad though but I vote for a turn fold.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The only decision here is if you should call river or not. Since he capped he probably has at least ace high, but the pot is big and there's a slim chance that he has QJs or the same hand we have. We need to be good some 8% here and thats doubtful if he's tight as you say, but I probably wouldn't let him win this pot without showing what he capped with pf.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no way I'm calling this river just for information. Unless I have evidence to the contrary I'm never putting him on QJs. KQ isn't in a lot of villains' capping range either, especially a tight one's. He's actually more likely to hold a smaller pp than those 2 holdings IMO .I think you're never good on the river here vs this villain and the only info you're likely gaining on him is that he's got a premium hand.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:02 AM

Yeah calling the river is basically -1BB imo. He cold-capped out of the BB.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:25 AM

As you describe UTG, you say he's horrible, calls down with J high. Typically, this type of player will not raise too often preflop. His pfr is probably somewhere in the 5-14 range... I'll muck this here preflop.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well I think I just fold this turn and I play the other streets the same. I think that you are always behind on the turn in this situation and you don't have the odds to call on a paired board. Maybe it's close though getting almost 9 to one and you're closing the action so I can see a call. I just think that you definitely can't count on your overcard outs as full outs as he will show AK,KK,or QQ alot here so you're going to actually lose more bets when you hit a good amount of the time. If he's got JJ then you have less outs to your strt and you won't be able to confidently play your TP if you hit. I think the way you played it isn't bad though but I vote for a turn fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

He has no straight outs against JJ.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:18 PM

I think you can fold the turn. Also there is no way I call the river, you're good close to never.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He has no straight outs against JJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, yeah. I said if he has JJ then you have less outs to your strt.