Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2007, 05:51 AM

Default pissing away money again ?

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (17 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (12.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls.

River: (16.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP3 folds, Hero calls, UTG folds.

UTG1 is 28/11/1.6 after 100 hands.
Did i piss money away on the river ?
Old 07-12-2007, 06:26 AM

Default Re: pissing away money again ?

From the play, UTG seems to be on an overpair already, and he's not folding, so I don't think I'd even bet the turn.
The river is an ugly card, and I certainly wouldn't bet it.
Bet/call probably, but only because the pot is so large, and there is a ~10% chance that any river bettor has a bluff.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:34 AM

I would have played this the same way. But for me this has been done many times. Usually I'm behind on the river(JJ-99), when c/r:ed.

Your image aggro, they want you to keep betting till river when they shoot back?
Old 07-12-2007, 06:57 AM

*grunch*

I would play it the same until turn.
At river we have still 3 opponents and river double flop's top pair and PF capper still can have big PP and pot is BIG so i wanna see SD so i only c/c.

Im interesting what u think guys about donk flop to kick other 2 players? I know that flop is rather dry and flop is now big so we can protect out hand only from very weak draws like medium pocet who has 2 outs to set and any possible draw with runner wheel st8.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:44 AM

just out of curiosity, is JJ a hand you would usually cap with. I thought that should only be for AA,KK,QQ, and AKs maybe.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:27 AM

Well, i wasn't the one to cap pf, but against an unknown i'd cap it.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:53 AM

The SSHE says to cap it. It sucks to cap with JJ and see a QKx flop, but it helps to disguise your AKs and KK/AA as well. I will always cap an unknown w/JJ.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:48 PM

I play it the same. The only question is the river. When the board pairs and the cold-caller wakes up, does he have an 8 often enough to just bet/fold? With stats like that I'd call for one more.

You should remove knowledge of all actions that take place after the point where we were considering the fold. It's not as severe as showing the hands of course, but it is information that we shouldn't have at the time of the decision the would affect our judgement. Although I suppose that is true of any decision on any street for general "sanity check" posts, you've asked about a the specific spot, and I think folding accents the need for the post-decision information removed. I don't know if I made sense there but I hope so.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:09 PM

So you'd prefer if i'd cut the action when it comes back to me raised on the river ? You're right, of course.

I knew UTG didn't have an 8. The 2 other guys cold called pf, so i put them on semi good/ok suited hands or some pockets. The board is quite ragged but they still hang around till the river. Should i think one of them has an 8 and check ? I think i give them too much credit if i do that. With more people i might check.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:06 PM

I play it the same, including the bet/call on the river. The pot is big by then and UTG+1 is rather agro, so I could see him raising some of his 8x's on the flop, which didn't happen.