Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2006, 10:30 PM

Default Carpal Tunnel

Does anyone else get carpal tunnel from playing so much? I think the main reason for my carpal is that I have very large hands and basically have to use my fingertips for my mouse instead of cupping it. Anyone know of a very large comfortable mouse or something to help with the carpal tunnel.

I know Im asking to get ragged on but any help would be appreciated.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:42 PM

Default Re: Carpal Tunnel

It's simple...

Play poker with your right hand and switch to rubbing one out from right to left. The change in hands creates this sensation of someone else doing it to you.

On the real, I love my MX1000. Cordless kicks ass and it's also a pretty big mouse that fits into my hand real nice. Make sure your whole arm is supported as your arm should be in a straight line, not cocked (no pun intended). They also sell nice gel thingies that you can put your arm on for added support and comfort.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:46 PM

I am recovering from carpal tunnel. These 2 things are helping me immensly:

1. Evoluent vertical mouse 2
2. Balt Crank height adjustable desk.

Many people in the forum love the evoluent mouse for carpal tunnel. The MX1000 will not help with carpal tunnel probably.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's simple...

Play poker with your right hand and switch to rubbing one out from right to left. The change in hands creates this sensation of someone else doing it to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

No Happy Birthday for you I guess [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
They also sell nice gel thingies that you can put your arm on for added support and comfort.

[/ QUOTE ]

I use one of these it was like 10 bucks.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:59 PM

im starting to get carpal tunnel since using my laptop regularly. however, i used my desktop for the longest time and never got carpal tunnel because my elbow and wrist were always rested while using the mouse. if you can rest your elbow on something your carpal tunnel should go away. that is of course as long as your wrists arent bending.
Old 02-24-2006, 12:08 AM

TStoneMBD, you are possibly giving really bad advice. nyg23, it probably be best for you to only take advice from a doctor about this. People in the forum could seriously misguide you.

The problem is that there are many different ways to get carpal tunnel or rsi. Resting your elbow could cure it, or could make it worse.

If carpal tunnel truly is your problem, then the evouent mouse will stop your wrist from being pinched. This really needs to be taken seriously though.

The only thing I'm certain of is that stopping the repetitive motion seems to cure almost all forms of rsi. So keep in mind that you should really try to cut down computer use.
Old 02-24-2006, 03:40 PM

Whale Mouse.

I use the Evoluent Vertical mouse and the Gyration Air mouse. Also, look into mouseless poker, using an AutoHotkey script to let you use the keyboard instead of a mouse.