Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2007, 12:14 AM

Default Hand Range Deviation

I frequent all pl/nl he posts and hands played. I absolutely believe that narrowing my villians hand ranges down is something i need to work on.

In higher stakes, the players seem to be frequent and the players all seem to have either live/every day online HH with these guys.

At my lower stakes tables, i'm lucky to see the same person twice. Narrowing hand ranges are harder at lower stakes for me based on the volatility and number of opponents. This is in theory of course. Do you think this theory is accurate?

Is the best way to profit and work on hand range, to play with what you think is the best hand, etc? Aside from playing and reading hand analysis.

Well, i could type more but thanks,

IJ

Summary 1.) Lower hand ranges vs higher stakes hand ranges = harder to analyze

2.) Best way to improve online hand range to create profit.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:55 AM

Default Re: Hand Range Deviation

At the lower limits, you'll still get some decent table time with a lot of players to get a general sense of what they're doing. It won't be as accurate as having 5k hands of data on them, but the info is never going to be perfect.

If a guy is 40/10 after 20 hands, and open limps from the CO, you know his range is going to be pretty wide. It's going to be less specific than you like, but you can feel reasonably confident that you're ahead of his range with AJ or 88, for example.

It's not just how many hands they play, it's how and where. See a guy limp QTs UTG and that tells you volumes about his range, and you haven't even seen any numbers yet. On the other hand, if you see a couple standard hands from a player, it's a little tougher to figure out what he's doing short term.

I assume ABC TAG until I see otherwise.