Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2007, 03:42 AM

Default 100NL AA overpair

i just sat at the table but if i remember correctly villian is some what LAG. How about the flop given the coordnatedness should i raise?? The turn villian almost insta pushed.

No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $114.56
CO: $139.95
Button: $44.20
SB: $68
Hero: $200

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $6</font>, 2 folds, SB calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($14, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $9</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $18</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($50, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB is all-in $44</font>, Hero ?
Old 07-11-2007, 03:44 AM

Default Re: 100NL AA overpair

He has like 2/3 of a bi, without a read call with a lag read instaall.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:52 AM

tuba theorem FTW

or el d theorem, whatever i dont wanna be accused of stealin his thunder...just never fold AA vs a half stack basically.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:09 AM

Very easy call. On flop I think it's pretty close between raising and calling. This Villian will probably commit on the turn if on a draw whether he hits the draw or not and you're still calling regardless. Then again he will probably call a shove too. Shoving is probably the best default play in similar situations but I suppose in this one calling might be better.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:02 AM

Just get it in on the flop.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:06 AM

im always wary when a player check minraises... this is usually a sign of great strength ime often absolute nuts. some also think it is a strong draw but this is closer than everyone is making out imo. i think the fact that this villain is known to be lag makes it a call but i wouldnt be suprised to see 2 pair. str8 here
Old 07-11-2007, 08:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
im always wary when a player check minraises... this is usually a sign of great strength ime often absolute nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really agree with this. Although without reads, and early in session, I usually fold to this play. However, certain players play the check minraise, or minraise cbet with air or one pair trying to take you off missed overcards. it depends alot on your image at the table and your history with villain: they are far more likely to try this out on you if you've been raising alot of hands +20% and cbetting, or read your cbets as light- i find big hands usually trying to trap me. I have had alot of success coming over the top of these bets.

Given OP's LAGy read I favour a 3bet shove on flop- you will sometimes fold 6x hands, all bluff hands that are definately in his range be in good shape against 77-TT (im effectively discounting higher pp). calling isn't horrible, but is there a turn you can fold? also calling gives 6x one more card to hit. if he does have a set/ the nuts he's pretty much getting paid.

Cliff notes:

[ QUOTE ]
Just get it in on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-11-2007, 09:23 AM

fractured:
if you think he's check/minraising with air or a weak hand that will fold to a 3bet allin, why shove the flop? why not let him keep bluffing if he has air? if he has a draw of some kind though, it's probably better to get it in on the flop.

either way, get your money in with AA in a raised pot against a half stack
Old 07-11-2007, 09:52 AM

Air is only a part of his range, and includes some gutshot type hands that could improve to beat you (so not total air), calling may be better if we're SURE he has air, which we're not. I was really just challenging the assumption that check minraise= the nuts, and you don't need a holding as strong as AA to make this play.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:08 AM

call, kill the fish