Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $42.95 - 85/46/1.4
UTG+1: $63.70
Hero: $76.65
Button: $96.61
SB: $115.09
BB: $31.30 - 31/10/1.5

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $4</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($16.25, 4 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG is all-in $38.95</font>, Hero ???

I am ahead of a lot of 2 pair type hands here, but could be drawing dead with one player to act still...Fold all the time here or...?
Old 07-10-2007, 11:02 PM

Default Re: Anyone call here?

I would 3bet preflop. As played I think I fold the flop, You're flush outs are pretty iffy (aside from the straight flush outs of course)
Old 07-10-2007, 11:07 PM

fold as played
Old 07-10-2007, 11:08 PM

So you like 3 betting pre with AQ but not 66 against this guy?
Old 07-11-2007, 12:07 AM

Fold. You may be ahead in terms of hands, but if he has one made right now, then he's smiling wide imagining you praying for the cards you need. What's the sample size of villain? I just don't see a person going nuts like this without the collateral.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:54 AM

Yes. When you hit a pair against this maniac you can make him pay when he hits a lower pair or the same pair with a worse kicker. Unless you hit your 8 to 1 shot and make a set with the sixes he can make a number of over pairs to you. He is calling you anyways, so the sixes are a reverse implied odds situation. Finally you would like to isolate this gentleman and have position on him rather than having the button to act behind you.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:57 AM

i would call against this maniac [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] (but i like to gamboooooooooool)
Old 07-11-2007, 12:58 AM

I'd fold in this spot. With one player behind you this makes it a definite fold in my opinion and I'd still probably fold this in a heads up pot also.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:06 AM

3bet pf!!!!!

dont 3bet 66 pf ):

as played i fold ):
Old 07-11-2007, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So you like 3 betting pre with AQ but not 66 against this guy?

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a difference between a 2xBB raise and an 8xBB raise. In the other hand his raise was minimum; here, it's a huge overbet. I'd REALLY want to know what that meant before I started getting cutesy with either 66 or AQo. The way this guy plays, you're going to have tons of chances to mess with him.

Personally, I think this is a good guy to smooth-call in position and play fit-or-fold on the flop. He looks like he's going to get quite far out of line with weaker hands, and if you can outkick him in a top pair vs. top pair situation, you're going to take big, heaping piles of money from him. That's worth the occasional buck or two here and there.

If I had a hand that I wanted to play against this guy, I'd be smooth-calling all of his big bets and isolation-raising all of his small bets. With a speculative hand, I'd smooth-call small bets and fold to big bets.

In the other hand, your 66 was speculative. You smooth-call to maximize your implied odds and fold when you miss your set. In this hand, your AQ is strong, so you smooth-call (expecting that the huge bet will be sufficient to isolate you) and play fit-or-fold.

If he had bet huge against your 66, you could fold knowing you didn't have proper calling odds. If he had minraised your AQo, you could have reraised to isolate.