Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 04:50 PM

Default sngwiz adjusting ranges !

just installed sngwiz and i have to say its really simple and a great program. so my question is how would you define the calling ranges in ftps 6.50$ im sure ppl call somewhat looser than they should and its hard to remember how they played when i review my sessions afterwards. i play about 9 tables at a time so what would you suggest ?

thnx in advance
Old 07-10-2007, 04:54 PM

Default Re: sngwiz adjusting ranges !

I would assign their ranges to be somewhere between 5 and 50% for most players. Glad I could help ya. I would pick these numbers by opening my eyes.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just installed sngwiz and i have to say its really simple and a great program. so my question is how would you define the calling ranges in ftps 6.50$ im sure ppl call somewhat looser than they should and its hard to remember how they played when i review my sessions afterwards. i play about 9 tables at a time so what would you suggest ?

thnx in advance

[/ QUOTE ]
If you're reviewing your sessions, can't you review how they played?

One reason your ROI goes down when you add tables is that your reads (ie calling ranges) won't be as accurate. Notes and some mental archetypes you can match your opponents to help, but you will sacrifice reads for volume. The trick is to work out where hourly rate is optimised.

I'd suggest reviewing all the hands played in a session and practice putting your opponents on ranges - check your estimates against what they called other people's pushes with and what they were pushing with, etc etc.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would assign their ranges to be somewhere between 5 and 50% for most players. Glad I could help ya. I would pick these numbers by opening my eyes.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks alot cheese!
Old 07-10-2007, 06:16 PM

ymu, do you also use this program ? its really time consuming when i play a 4hour session and go through every hand my opponents and i played. but it definitly would be the most accurate way. but still, people play so crazy in the 6.5$ and do nothing out of line and then suddenly do some crazy calls which are ----- ev !
Old 07-10-2007, 06:18 PM

It can be good to review every hand late game to get a feel for ICM, and its probably best to open up notepad and paste in hands during play that you are unsure about. That way you can atleast look at spots you didn't know how to play.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ymu, do you also use this program ? its really time consuming when i play a 4hour session and go through every hand my opponents and i played. but it definitly would be the most accurate way. but still, people play so crazy in the 6.5$ and do nothing out of line and then suddenly do some crazy calls which are ----- ev !

[/ QUOTE ]
If you can't play 9 tables and pay attention to your opponents, you'll probably do better playing fewer tables until your instincts are working better. Ditto, if you can't remember that you pushed into the same guy's BB the last 6 orbits and now he's ready to spite call.

E2A: it's very quick to review a whole tournament if you load the histories in PokerTracker or something and use the replayer.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:28 PM

or google popopop player...that thing is awesome