Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 03:57 PM

Default overpair: QQ against multiple raisers

Once again, I'm confused in a big pot and played weakly. table is loose, although button plays tight. no reads on UTG +1.

I was pretty confident from the PF cap, that the button had a strong PP. That along with the coordinated board made me very uncertain if my hand was good. despite this, should I have:

1- folded flop? out of position, several opponents...I know calling 2 cold twice couldn't have been correct. re-raised to try and lose some opposition?

2- bet river?

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (18 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (17 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, Button checks.

River: (17 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 17 BB

Thanks,
-Tang
Old 07-10-2007, 03:59 PM

Default Re: overpair: QQ against multiple raisers

Turn check is fine but you gotta throw up a little when it gets checked through. Since it got checked through I'm donking this river and calling one, probbly not two.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:00 PM

never fold flop

bet river
Old 07-10-2007, 04:29 PM

I woulda been very surprised too when that turn checked around too, bet river.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:17 AM

Do we really want to bet this river? Button's play looks like a scared overpair, and AA/KK is just as likely as JJ/TT, probably more so since some tighties won't cap JJ/TT versus an SB 3-bet.

Meh, if the other two dummies call that's hella value and we don't have to be ahead that often to earn it. I'm folding to a raise, though.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:46 AM

i just bet the flop ... there is no way to protect your hand and you protect your hand to might a well bet

betting also protects me from being out played IMO

as played to the river ... I'll bet out most non [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]cards
Old 07-11-2007, 09:11 AM

*grunch*
I would only make donk bet at flop only if after me direct is PF capper to kick as mamy other players as possible.

I dont know its is good but i prefer to 3 bet flop then only cold call 2 bets (Im still can be ahead sometimes and pot is BIG)

As played at turn i will bet when all check at turn (probably someone is at flush draw)
Old 07-12-2007, 12:30 AM

Never fold on the flop. you have an overpair on an not too good board but the pot is huge. I'd probably raise it on the flop.
Even if the button has a big PP some of the time youre gaining equity from the rest of the players in the hand who probably have squadouche.

Bet/check the river 30/70 percent of the time. If too much action ensues I'd have to fold, but always call for one more bet if you close the action (pot will be huge so folding is potentially a huge mistake).
Old 07-12-2007, 01:17 AM

Folding the flop is insane. I would bet out. Since you didn't, I would 3-bet when it comes back around to me.

Turn getting checked through gives me a lot of confidence that AA and KK are unlikely. I don't think they are stopping after the flop fireworks.

Bet the river. I call if it's one bet back to me and fold to two.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet the river. I call if it's one bet back to me and fold to two.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you fold for 2 bets?

You will win, what min. 24-26bb, and lose 2bb, when calling... what are the odds for those, some smarter than me will tell. But to me it seems that pot is still just too big if you bet it out, and then get raised/re-raised.