Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 03:09 PM

Default [25 NL] Q5o in BB flops 2 pair

I am 8 tabling, so I have no good reads besides HUD stats. Villain is 70/0 over 40 hands and runs g00t.

My question concerns the flop 3-bet. Do you like it? (i.e. do you think it is a EV maximizing play in this spot?)

My thoughts were as follows. I am going to showdown. This guy will have tons of hands that I am ahead of (AQ, KQ, QJ, QT, KK, AA), so let's vbet the hell out of him. The times that I am behind are offset by the times that I am behind.

After the session, I calculated that I am 4 times ahead vs 1 time behind on this flop vs his range as I perceive it.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $12.45
Hero (BB): $24.90
UTG: $51.75
CO: $22.15
Villain (BTN): $17.45

Preflop: Hero is dealt 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, CO calls $0.25, Villain calls $0.25, SB calls $0.15, Hero checks

Flop: ($1) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $0.75</font>, CO folds, <font color="red">Villain raises to $1.50</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $7.00</font>
Old 07-10-2007, 03:20 PM

Default Re: [25 NL] Q5o in BB flops 2 pair

Heh, typo obv. but take QT out of your "hands that you beat."

Min raise from villain could easily mean a flush draw too, I like the 3bet and I'd probably be willing to get it all-in on this flop vs. this opponent.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:54 PM

Default Re: [25 NL] Q5o in BB flops 2 pair

yea i think the 3bet is def the best option on the flop. This guy is probably still callin here w/ Qx hands and this board is pretty drawy soo we need to raise for protection since i think draws are a good portion of villian's range as well.