Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 01:52 PM

Default $11 NLTRN on FTP, played badly???

Hi,

so this hand was from a $11 SNG I played today. I normally play the $6 HU SNG on FTP but since I won 4 $6 HU matches in a row I decided to take a shot at a $11 SNG. Villain is a winning Player (Sharkscope) and plays higher than I play normally so we haven't played before.

This particular hand was the second hand so I had no read about villain.

<font color="orange">___________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______ </font>
<font color="orange">___________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______ </font>

Full Tilt Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (2 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

BB <font color="#A500AF">(villain)</font> (t1470)
Hero (t1530)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">BB <font color="#A500AF">(villain)</font> raises to t105</font>, Hero calls t75.

Flop: (t180) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">villain bets t90</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t210</font>, villain calls t120.

Turn: (t600) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, villain checks.

River: (t600) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t390</font>, villain calls t390.

Final Pot: t1380

Ok here my thoughts on this hand. In the beginning of a HU match against an unknown villain I tend to play some flops. We have both nearly our original stack and I hope to outplay him on the flop.

Because of his Preflop Raise I put him on 2 Highcards like AK or AQ or a small to medium Pocketpair. When the flop came his 90 bet into a 210 pot looked like a continuationbet to me, so I raised him. When he just flat called I thought he might have hit the Jack (Maybe TJ or AJ) because he would have propably reraised me if he had a 5.

So I checked the Turn und when my Queen hit at the River I was pretty sure to be ahead so I wanted to Valuebet my Toppair.

So how was my play?? ok or bad ??

Thanks
Patrick
Old 07-10-2007, 01:57 PM

Default Re: $11 NLTRN on FTP, played badly???

standard this early
Old 07-10-2007, 02:25 PM

So he is a winning player on ss and plays higher than you and you are assuming you can outplay him on the flop? Do you have any reads on him to justify this?

If you are going to check raise the flop you have to check raise more than that. You basically min-raised him. Make it 300-350 if you really want to get him off a hand.

I also don't really think there is anything wrong with firing a 2nd barrel on the turn (as played). What is your plan on the river if you don't hit??? If you are giving up this easy you probably shouldnt have check-raised in the first place.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is your plan on the river if you don't hit??? If you are giving up this easy you probably shouldnt have check-raised in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks
Old 07-10-2007, 03:40 PM

On the third hand I probably fold preflop, but I don't play FTPs structure. I generally raise or fold to people that overraise preflop because they are usually aggressive and tougher to play postflop OOP.

You can see on a dry flop like this you really have no idea where you stand. Just because he raised 3.5x doesn't meaning he has AK or AQ. I see these bigger raises show up with mid and weaker aces a lot from certain players types. Also smaller PPs as you mentioned.

Raise more on the flop if you're going to raise, river is fine without reads but what are you going to do if he raises you there?
Old 07-11-2007, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise more on the flop if you're going to raise, river is fine without reads but what are you going to do if he raises you there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks,

I posted this hand because villain had TT and after that hand affronted me, how bad my play was, and how bad a player I am and how good he is etc. etc. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]