Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2007, 10:53 PM

Default Need some advise

I just found a new 2/5 I like because of the deep pockets, but the players are maniacs and I don't know now how to beat the game. Players who make it $120 to go preflop with 29 offsuit. Friend played the game for over a year said you just have to get lucky. Any other advise?
Old 07-10-2007, 01:40 AM

Default Re: Need some advise

Play it like a tournament with a short stack mentality. Play preflop poker and just play weak tight. When they're getting out of line just shove on them... first they have to call, then they have to win. Ignore everything you've been told about suited connectors, small pocket pairs. You're never going to see a cheap flop in the game you've described. We're looking for AQ+, 99+ and we're shoving on people. If the game is 2/5nl I suggest not sitting with more than $300, $200 might be the best stack for this strategy. When you have already won a big pot, I suggest playing the same way still except now you have to just re-raise rather than shove, but still try to play it preflop. This is the best way to maximize your numbers because for most players it's difficult to play post flop against self described maniacs.

Hope that helps... a little long winded but I think I got every point across I was trying to make.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:17 AM

maybe make fun of the players who play trash hangs so they start playing proper poker?
Old 07-11-2007, 09:13 PM

Play the opposite of the flow of the game, aka tight. You'll make a lot of $ in a game like this by only playing big hands, suited connectors and small pairs have little to no value when 20%+ of your stack goes in PF.