Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2007, 12:22 PM

Default 50NL - ATo in 3bet pot

I just sat down, so no real reads, but villain had been raising every hand so far, so I had the feeling my ato was ahead of his range, but playing it oop sucks, so I 3-bet pre. When I think about this play now I think it is pretty marginal, but it felt like the right thing to do at the time.

What do we do now? What does his bet mean?

PokerStars 50 NL Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(5 handed)</font> HandRecorder v0.9b

Stacks &amp; Stats
UTG ($41.50)
MP ($51.40)
CO ($124.90) (100/100/oo/NaN)
SB ($46)
Hero ($50)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#FF0000">CO raises to $2.40</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises to $7</font>, CO calls $4.60.

Flop: ($14.75) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">Hero bets $10</font>, CO calls $10.

Turn: ($34.75) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#FF0000">CO bets $5</font>, Hero ...?
Old 07-09-2007, 12:27 PM

Default Re: 50NL - ATo in 3bet pot

This guy seems pretty bad. No stats so who knows how marginal the PF 3bet was. however, this guy is probably terrible and there are so many better spots to outplay him than w ATo OOP PF. FWIW, i just fold this and look for a better edge against this guy.

as played, flop is good and turn....does it really matter what his bet means? a villain boat is unlikely and he is giving you schweet odds to draw to the nut flush and maybe even the best hand with an A or T. so call and see what the river brings.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:27 PM

Well, first off, for ME, ATo is a muck OOP. Not saying it is for everyone, but if you are gonna play it, I like the 3bet. But playing it OOP is teh suck, for sure. I mean, if you get called and you hit either the A or Txx, how much can you really like it, right?

But again, if you're gonna play it, I like the 3 bet.

I also like the CB, as since it's a 3bet pot, you don't need to bet as much % wise, of the pot. But once you get called, I pretty much am shutting it down here.

But wtf is that bs bet he makes on the turn? But since he is giving you 8:1 to hit the nut flush, I call and c/f the river here. I think raising here is really bad though, as the flush came as did the board pairing.

Now, all that said, I still don't think you can go hog wild on the river if a diamond falls as the board has paired and we have NO idea where villain is here. But I don't c/c'ing on the river if we hit the diamond or blocking if we hit the A or T.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:34 PM

Easy fold PF.. if this guy is as terrible as we think he's going to stack off to you at some point anyway, so hold tight for a better spot.

As played, I pretty much agree with what has been said. I would fold on the turn to a larger bet, but with these odds I'm calling for sure.

If the diamond hits on the river I would bet out against this guy as he probably isn't folding. I don't want to risk him checking behind.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:39 PM

im with everyone else, 3betting a 10 offsuit oop is really bad without extensive stats against the villain, b/c as discussed the only good flops for you are a 10 x or 10 10 x.... anyhow, you should be 3betting here to take down the pot preflop, a cbet is ok, but c/r may be a better line...... anyhow, as played you have to call turn, but don't get tricky on the river, its a c/f if no diamond comes and a c/c if a or 10 comes..... if diamond comes, im probably leading like half pot.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im with everyone else, 3betting a 10 offsuit oop is really bad without extensive stats against the villain, b/c as discussed the only good flops for you are a 10 x or 10 10 x.... anyhow, you should be 3betting here to take down the pot preflop, a cbet is ok, but c/r may be a better line...... anyhow, as played you have to call turn, but don't get tricky on the river, its a c/f if no diamond comes and a c/c if a or 10 comes..... if diamond comes, im probably leading like half pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you elaborate on why you prefer to lead with a diamond on the river as supposed to c/c'ing.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you elaborate on why you prefer to lead with a diamond on the river as supposed to c/c'ing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that I think ssdex is backwards here as for which to lead/block and which to c/c with imo.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:25 PM

I like to flat call pf
Old 07-09-2007, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like to flat call pf

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? I really think that's pretty bad myself for the reasons stated above. Do you also like flat calling AJ, AQ and AK as well?
Old 07-09-2007, 01:37 PM

yeah i flat call with a lo of med pp's soemtimes kqo, AJ and hands that vs bad laggy players