Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2007, 10:39 AM

Default AK facing flop reraise on odd board

I wasn't really sure what hand does this, aside from a straight draw. Just sat down at the table.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.01/$0.02 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

Hero (SB): $5.08
BB: $3.82
UTG: $2.51
MP: $9.82
CO: $8.60
BTN: $3.26

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
4 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.12</font>, BB calls $0.10
Uncalled bet of $0.00 returned to BB

Flop: ($0.24) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $0.12</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $0.24</font>, Hero folds

Pot Size: $0.60

I'm a huge noob, so forgive me if the course of action is obvious. I folded because I didn't know how this guy played and because I was kinda clueless anyway.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:53 AM

Default Re: AK facing flop reraise on odd board

at a .02 table he could have anything from a pair of 5's to 9's and commit himself to them, it was a good fold anyway
Old 07-09-2007, 10:53 AM

Default Re: AK facing flop reraise on odd board

First off welcome to the forum!

Secondly, when you post a hand, try to post any reads that apply to villain or maybe some history, if there is any, between you and villain that may help us get a feel for things, as we are not there watching [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Also, and forgive me for not knowing, but if you have not bought in for the max buy-in, do so. Otherwise you lose value when you have a big hand!

Onto the hand:

A normal preflop raise is 4xBB +1BB per limper, so therefore, w/ zero limpers, the "normal" raise is 4xBB or , 0.08. Not a huge deal here, but be aware of that.

As for what plays this way? A slew of hands...If he thinks you missed, a pair here, but more than likely, some sort of a draw, be it straight, or more likely, a flush draw.

Since you have the Ac, you could make a case for calling here, but folding is NOT a mistake at all. You'll be OOP (out of position) the rest of the hand and all you have is 2 overcards here. Folding is just fine.

One thing to keep in mind though, is the size of you CB (continuation bet). 2/3 to 3/4 pot is much more effective as a 1/2 pot bet, even when you hit, gives villains the odds to draw to their various draws (oesd and fd). So I'd have bet $0.18 or so and then you can fold to the raise.

NH and welcome again!