Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2007, 08:18 AM

Default 200NL, bet-shove TPTK?

CO is a pretty aggro TAG. Stats 22/18/7, ~100 hands. I C-R him with air once and repopped him twice, of which one was the hand before, so I was hesitant to squeeze this hand. Only hand I've shown him down was a passively played AQ in a 4-way pot. Flop/turn checked around, on the river board is KKQ72 and he check-calls to pick off a bluff.

No read on BTN. He hasn't done anything of note.

What does everyone think about this? Is it terrible to go broke like this? A deuce just seems so unlikely, and he has to have JJ+ otherwise to have me beat. Those don't come along that often.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

<u>Hero (SB): $209.00</u>
BB: $159.75
UTG: $347.25
MP: $222.35
<u>CO: $378.20</u>
BTN: $194.25

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $8.00</font>, BTN calls $8.00, Hero calls $7.00, BB folds

Flop: ($26) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $18.00</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $56.00</font>, BTN folds, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $201.00</font>
Old 07-09-2007, 08:33 AM

Default Re: 200NL, bet-shove TPTK?

I dont like it. I really doubt he calls with worse hands, so basicly u turned your hand into a bluff.

I prefer calling and donk/foldin turn.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:43 AM

No way I'm donk-folding on the turn. Pot would be $138 w. $144 behind. Calling and open-shoving on a blank I could see.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:50 AM

i think its fine, not many boards i'd go broke on with TPTK in a 3-way pot, but this is one
Old 07-09-2007, 08:51 AM

like the line on the flop. maybe fc, his raising range here is pretty wide imo (esp if he is getting [censored] off/stubborn), so he could be trying to put you off a hand like 88. flat call and see the turn, then its a toss up between c/cai crai open push or block bet and call a shove.
think the brb on the flop only gets called by worse hands/ big draws so im not a fan.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:53 AM

What makes you think he doesnt have an overpair?

Pushing is a mistake. Call and reevaluete.

This hand illustrates the problem with being OOP with marginal hands, you are guessing here and it will cost you a lot. Just dont let him fold a worse hand on the flop.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:58 AM

Z,

its a bluff but PFR'er could also be bluffing raising AK type hands. only JJ+ can call so its a kinda counter-bluff IMO that doesnt expect worse hands to call. also a reverse of the yeti theorem i guess. hero could have A2s in his range easily so it works for me
Old 07-09-2007, 09:19 AM

I don't mind going broke with this hand on this board but I hate how you went broke. And the fact it is 3W makes me much less likely to want to go broke.

You lead into 2 players, showing a lot of strength, he raises, before the third player acts. I don't think he does this with air much. If you think he'll raise with air a lot of the time then this line is of course fine. But it seems to me that QQ+ is now a very large part of his range. And then you shove. I dunno, maybe he has a flush draw now and again.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:23 AM

This blows, you allow him to play pretty much perfectly. I'd check the flop and take it from there.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:47 AM

Yeah, Jay, I always used to do that. Just check-call, don't turn your hand into a bluff yada yada yada. Then I realized it really really blows to give an aggro TAG the power of position. If I check-call and check the turn, I then play a guessing game OOP while my hand is face up as {Jx, 33-TT}. I have zero clue about his range (he's firing 95% on the flop, IMO), he can freely take a card and control the pot size in the way he wants to. I am taking all that away with this line.

Maybe I can do the same by just c-r and calling a shove, though. A c-r on this flop looks so FOS that it might just get him to shove a weaker J over me.